Old 01-22-2020, 12:38 AM   #1
Guru

City: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Capricorn
Vessel Model: Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
Vancouver Boat Show

Since the Seattle show has gotten a plug, thought I'd do the same. The web page is linked below. I will probably go over for two days. Last year I went for the whole thing (seminars) but had to leave early as snow hit the Strait of Georgia, creating white out conditions on the way over to the Island from Horseshoe Bay. I was on the last ferry of the day, the rest were cancelled. It was a rough ride over as well.

The day before the ocean break was taken out at Sewell's Marina at Horseshoe Bay, my old stomping ground, my 27 Catalina is still there. In the less than a day they had brought equipment in and repairs were underway which I could see once I boarded the ferry.

Its not as big as Seattle's but still a decent show. I haven't renewed my passport or I'd go down this year, perhaps next year I guess.

Vancouver International Boat Show Feb 5 - 9:

https://www.vancouverboatshow.ca/
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:46 PM   #2
Guru

City: Nanaimo
Vessel Name: former owner of "Pilitak"
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
We are heading over for the first 2 days. Planning on a couple of the seminars (looking forward to hearing Lawrence Yeardon-Jones talk about the West Coast of Vancouver Island cause we are probably going this year) and will maybe making it down to the water show as well. Going to couple the show with a family visit before heading back to the Island.
FYI, for those who may not know, Vancouver Island is a large island about 300 miles long by 50 miles wide.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:19 PM   #3

City: Cortes Island
Vessel Name: Bygone
Vessel Model: 40' TollyCraft Sundeck
We have been in Mexico since Dec15 and we are cutting out trip by 2 wks to be at the show for Friday/Saturday. Then head to the island to check on our boat and visit with my parents.

Also get to have a sneak peak at maybe new to us 36 Fu Hwa and possibly a mini sea trial if weather says it’s ok.
Okydowky is offline   Reply With Quote