Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
OFB
Guru

City: Richmond bc
Vessel Name: Invader no1
Vessel Model: Kishi Boat works
River debri

Just some pics from home. Debri from the bridge / barge collision 2011 that floated into the marina. Almost into my oldfishboat. Log drifted under the little utility boat putting it in the air. Made for a most interesting morning. The old fishboat conversion that burned up last weekend here. Fire department could not get water too her so she burned for about 12 hours before they moved her off the dock and put her on ground where she leaned over. She put up one hell of a fight but one she could not win.
Attached Thumbnails
spring 2012 011.jpg   spring 2012 013.jpg   spring 2012 059.jpg  
OFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Scraping Paint

City: -
You guys sure have some exciting times up the Fraser there, don't you? I think it would make me a wee bit nervous to be keeping a boat on a river that drains most of southcentral BC. Probably see a lot of interesting stuff float by, though.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
And why couldn't any fire control systems be put into play? NOT criticizing, just curious about the logistics. Thank you.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
OFB
Guru

City: Richmond bc
Vessel Name: Invader no1
Vessel Model: Kishi Boat works
Marin yup the Fraser River is what I call a working river. From the storage of raw logs and transport of such to the movement of goods into and out of the valley. Not a great place for the newbees of pleasure cruising or the high speed group. Sure makes for an interesting home life.

RT I dont realy know what to say with reguards to emergency responce assests here on the river. Sea Island CCG station is just down a couple of miles from us. But other than the fast responce rib the other equipment cant make it under the bridges so they are out. The local FD guys are vantastic but have limited ability to get water down on the docks. The Vancouver fire boat did eventualy get here but that was 12 plus hours late IMO. I have been living here on boats for almost two decades and this issue just never gets addressed. So I have my fire pump and now the marina has 4 of them, that has realy worked out well. Is what it is. I get a lot of realy good and interesting experiences. I am sure at some point however my good sam days will be terminated by them in power. Till then I will continue to learn and work for the experience.

Different for sure.
OFB is offline   Reply With Quote