Seeadler in Ganges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlaskaProf

Guru
Vessel Name
boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Make
RAWSON 41
Anticipating the Saturday Market a bit, we motored over from Cowichan today.

Outer end of Kanaka Wharf. Cocktails at 5.

Bill and Gina
p.s.: anyone heard from Hatt Trick?

No word on my accounts, however, today, Dave and Dorothy Nagle on the
Diesel Duck 'David Ellis' drifted into Ketchikan. I had witnessed the boat on the hard in Wrangell recently. Met the two of them and a couple of 'Pressed Gang" members.
Good introduction and conversation regarding Wrangell port facilities.

Good to hear you and the Missus are traveling well and enjoying the treats of the Grape when ever.

Al-Ketchikan

Hi, Al,

Almost home...or would be if I had a home. Gave up my slip in Tacoma in May; still looking for a replacement.

Bill
p.s. can't get Amber in BC. High hopes for Anacortes.

No word on my accounts, however, today, Dave and Dorothy Nagle on the
Diesel Duck 'David Ellis' drifted into Ketchikan. I had witnessed the boat on the hard in Wrangell recently. Met the two of them and a couple of 'Pressed Gang" members.
Good introduction and conversation regarding Wrangell port facilities.

Good to hear you and the Missus are traveling well and enjoying the treats of the Grape when ever.

Al-Ketchikan

Al, we saw Dave and Dorothy many times this summer in SE AK, the last time in Sitka. They mentioned that they were hauling out at Wrangell. If you see them again in Ketch, say hi for us. We're now in Desolation Sound. Been out for four months and getting close to home. Sort of mixed emotions on that score.

Reasons to be in Ganges:

1. Sausage rolls at Barb's Bakery

2. BLOCK ICE! It seems as though all the ice houses in BC have conspired to stop delivering honest 10 pound blocks of ice in favor of the 6-pound bag of "party ice". Thrifty on the waterfront in Ganges has the first blocks I've seen since Ketchikan.

Al, we saw Dave and Dorothy many times this summer in SE AK, the last time in Sitka. They mentioned that they were hauling out at Wrangell. If you see them again in Ketch, say hi for us. We're now in Desolation Sound. Been out for four months and getting close to home. Sort of mixed emotions on that score.

Will make a point of that, I will check the harbor this AM to see if they are still moored in BHN.(Bar Harbor North). Glad you are traveling well without any incidents.
Cheers,

Al:thumb:

Well, DHays is here. I can see his boat.

Dave, if you pick this up, we're at the outer end of the harbor authority docks, in front of the Oyster Catcher. text me 907-351-8118.
Bill

I see you Bill.

She-who-must-be-obeyed informed me that I can’t do any visiting this evening except with her. I think she is still a bit peeved at me from Deer Harbor. We were leaving the boat to go get ice cream at the dock and I ran into a TYC member next to us and started a conversation. Yeah, as these things go the convo dragged on a bit (30 minutes) and by the time we got to the snack bar, they had had a water leak and had to shut down food service. Well, you can imagine that I got the blame. My argument that a water leak should be considered a act-of-God for which I shouldn’t be held responsible, fell on deaf ears.

She plans on doing shopping tomorrow so I might be able to break away then.

Okay.

I'll keep the phone on me, call if you are ahem accidentally separated in the crowd.
907-351-8118

BTW, is your wife, by any chance the lady in the "Vashon Sheepdog Trials" jacket?

Okay.

I'll keep the phone on me, call if you are ahem accidentally separated in the crowd.
907-351-8118

BTW, is your wife, by any chance the lady in the "Vashon Sheepdog Trials" jacket?

Nope, not her. This afternoon she was sporting a new Ganges Marina hoody.

Nope, not her. This afternoon she was sporting a new Ganges Marina hoody.
"She Who Must be Obeyed" doesn`t have her own TF a/c perchance?

"She Who Must be Obeyed" doesn`t have her own TF a/c perchance?

Nope. She only got a Facebook account a few months ago after she retired and that was only to keep up with a few fam8ly and former workmates. Intensely private and more than a little introverted. We are a lot different. She is also an all-round better person than I am.

p.s. can't get Amber in BC. High hopes for Anacortes.

Bill - There is no AA in BC that I've found. But in Anacortes. ....yes!! Any of the supermarkets will have it. Hope you and Gina have had a good conclusion to your trip. You certainly put in the mIles this summer in AK, especially with your ocean transits. Hope to cross paths with you in the future.

Will make a point of that, I will check the harbor this AM to see if they are still moored in BHN.(Bar Harbor North). Glad you are traveling well without any incidents.
Cheers,

Al:thumb:

Ken, message passed. They are holding for Dixon Weather (Tad rough)

Had a very nice visit with Bill and Gina on Seeadler. They were very hospitable. We were going to drop by for a quick drink and say hello. Well, we were enjoying the conversation so much that even my introvert wife lost track of time. Two hours later and two very nice martinis that Bill made, we finally let them be.

Thanks again Bill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom