Seattle Boat and Afloat Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil Fill

Guru
Vessel Name
Eagle
Vessel Make
Roughwater 58 pilot house
Seattle Boat and Afloat show – Jan 24 to Feb 3. The show is at Quest Field south of Seattle city center and the Afloat is at the south end of Lake Union. The ticket covers both the show and the afloat, with free shuttle buses running every ½ hour between the two. The Afloat is for 30+ ft boats in the water, so it’s great to compare bands/models/sizes. The Show is mostly boat under 30 ft and hundred of venders. Passagemake magazine and the boat show have talks/seminaries, most are free, during the boat show. Great for newbies/wantabees and boaters ready to take the next level/step.

We'll be down there the first Saturday. We always meet as a large group and do breakfast, and then dinner at Daniels Broiler after the Boats Afloat portion. Always a great way to spend a Saturday.

You gonna meet us for breakfast again Peter?

We'll be down there the first Saturday. We always meet as a large group and do breakfast, and then dinner at Daniels Broiler after the Boats Afloat portion. Always a great way to spend a Saturday.

Yessir- I'll be there! Might even have you and Doug over after dinner to take a look at our boat......we're moored about a mile from Daniel's on Westlake Ave N., just past China Harbor.

... just past China Harbor.

Hi Peter. Turns out we are neighbors. I am on Westlake, just before the China Harbor.

Last edited:
Yessir- I'll be there! Might even have you and Doug over after dinner to take a look at our boat......we're moored about a mile from Daniel's on Westlake Ave N., just past China Harbor.

That'd be very cool Peter. We'd love to see her.

Hi Peter. Turns out we are neighbors. I am on Westlake, just before the China Harbor.

Cool! PM me your slip info, and I can check the boat from time to time if you need.

That'd be very cool Peter. We'd love to see her.

Consider it done, Mike. I probably won't meet you for dinner, but will have the adult beverages ready for any of the BOC/TF folks that want to stop by....I'll pm you and Doug the address info.

As luck would have it, I'm off work the duration of the show! I'm planning my seminar strategy now - there are a lot of good offerings. Looks like I'll be buying the 4 course + 5 day package. Anyone wanna rent me their couch? :angel:

So where do you have breakfast?

There are not many restaurant in that area serve breakfast. However, there is a lot of new construction, which is the reason we moved. The SLUT, South Lake Union Transit was the last straw. I was wondering if there were some new ones in that area. There is a new Irish Pub, use to be the Blue Water that you might want to try? I don’t think they due breakfast, brunch maybe?

Last edited:
There is an IHOP close. You can google it....

Yup- IHOP is at 950 E. Madison Street, about 8am

That is not very close. The south end of Lake Union use to have some cheaper places to eat, Burger King, Denney’s, TGIF and others, until Paul Allen bought up the south end. Most places can not afford the south end. Most Saturday morning we eat at the Everett, IHOP, but I have to get the laundry and grocery shopping done, so it’s usually about 10:00 before I can get away. My wife had surgery on her right heel/ankle, which still bothering her, and she walks like a drunken sailor,:eek: so she probable will not go. Actually that is good in a way as she keeps looking at the 65 ft Pacific Marine and they are coming down in price! :nonono:

However, would like to meet some of you for a brief face to face if possible. For those of you out of towners, drop an email as I would be more than happy to spend some time. I will take you to eat at one of our family owned Restaurants. No waiting for the old man and we eat free! :oldman:

We do breakfast at IHOP... head over to the CLINK for the Boat Show and then drive up to Lake Union for the Afloat portion. We gather at Daniel's for a fat steak afterward. It'd be great to meet some folks.

That is not very close. The south end of Lake Union use to have some cheaper places to eat, Burger King, Denney’s, TGIF and others, until Paul Allen bought up the south end. Most places can not afford the south end. Most Saturday morning we eat at the Everett, IHOP, but I have to get the laundry and grocery shopping done, so it’s usually about 10:00 before I can get away. My wife had surgery on her right heel/ankle, which still bothering her, and she walks like a drunken sailor,:eek: so she probable will not go. Actually that is good in a way as she keeps looking at the 65 ft Pacific Marine and they are coming down in price! :nonono:

However, would like to meet some of you for a brief face to face if possible. For those of you out of towners, drop an email as I would be more than happy to spend some time. I will take you to eat at one of our family owned Restaurants. No waiting for the old man and we eat free! :oldman:

Cmon, Phil- it's not THAT far! Besides, it's good to get out of your comfort zone :)

Back
Top Bottom