Recommended stops for Delta trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gwkiwi

Guru
Vessel Name
Takes Two
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
I finally have a committed time frame from my wife :rolleyes: for an 8 day trip up to the Delta at the end of this month (Aug.) after the Americas Cup races are over.

Having only limited time on the Delta prior to this trip I was hoping that we could get some recommended routes and stops (anchorage and marinas) mainly focusing on the Rio Vista to Stockton side. I have researched Active Captain which we used as our bible on the east coast but info there for the Delta is a little sparse.

I appreciate the advice and I have told my wife that I will even come to her office and throw her over my shoulder should work challenges threaten our trip this time.

Thanks in advance.

Gerald

Any and all stops on the delta are fantastic.!!
On this thread, what's the longest trip anyone has made? Out the gate and turn left to Mexico? Has anyone went all the way to cabo?

I finally have a committed time frame from my wife :rolleyes: for an 8 day trip up to the Delta at the end of this month (Aug.) after the Americas Cup races are over.

Having only limited time on the Delta prior to this trip I was hoping that we could get some recommended routes and stops (anchorage and marinas) mainly focusing on the Rio Vista to Stockton side. I have researched Active Captain which we used as our bible on the east coast but info there for the Delta is a little sparse.

I appreciate the advice and I have told my wife that I will even come to her office and throw her over my shoulder should work challenges threaten our trip this time.

Thanks in advance.

Gerald

Docks or places to anchor out?

Any and all stops on the delta are fantastic.!!
On this thread, what's the longest trip anyone has made? Out the gate and turn left to Mexico? Has anyone went all the way to cabo?

the eight hours from San Mateo to the Delta was our big adventure. We've sailed from SF to Hawaii before we got the trawler. Mexico sounds very appealing. Some day. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom