Pairadice and ASD Alaska Adventure 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were 4 shakers this morning in the bay, just off the Navy base, and 3 more in the last 5 hours, the largest was 2.1

Last edited:
Canadian weather is calling for "Gale Force Winds" tonight and tomorrow. We may just stay here till Saturday Morning. Gotta give Tom a chance to catch up to this Slow Boat, LOL!

Sound like a wonderful (scenery and destinations) ... I live in relatively benign waters and weather conditions. It's fun, but not the same kind of adventure!

Cheers!

Yeah, but they can't hang out in McCovey Cove.

What John doesn't realize is that he can race to Alaska all he wants, but I sneaked on his boat the other night and stole all his fishing gear!!!!!!

What John doesn't realize is that he can race to Alaska all he wants, but I sneaked on his boat the other night and stole all his fishing gear!!!!!!

As if you could find room for anything else on that "Trawler" unless of course you put my fishing gear where you store your shorts! LOL

Just took dinner off the grill, sucks to be us!

Attachments

• IMG_1431.jpg
    IMG_1431.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 93
Don't know if it will amount to anything, but there is some fog starting to come DiscoeryPassage and souyhbound into Seymour Narrows.

Ted

You two are having way too much fun with your postings and we're having waaaay too much fun reading them. Keep 'em coming!

We are staying here in Comox another day for favorable weather tomorrow. NightSky came down for a short visit, was nice to meet another TFer. Thanks Joe for makin the time to visit.
I tried to rotate the pic, still didn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 102
We are staying here in Comox another day for favorable weather tomorrow. NightSky came down for a short visit, was nice to meet another TFer. Thanks Joe for makin the time to visit.

Nice to meet you and Tracy too, John. Nice chat and I love your boat! Maybe CPseudonym will come to the rescue again and right the picture. Good travels to you.

You did rotate it. Problem is wrong direction. Needed 270 degrees, not 90.

This pair is coming our way, going to start looking through the post office 'Wanted' list to be sure, look a little scary at this point,:rofl::lol:

Wait a minute this is making me sea sock or could it be the scotch....

My genny is back in operation. In the morning check weather and take on about 400 gallons of fuel and head North. This little beauty came by.1494036343160.jpg

Wish I could claim some sorta altruistic motivation Al but the truth is my newest medication has nausea as a side effect. These picture posts don't help much ?

"My genny is back in operation. In the morning check weather and take on about 400 gallons of fuel and head North."

On Windyty it looks like Saturday is the day to run the strait heading north. Have fun, smooth seas, light wind and some really great friends to meet along the way. Oh yes the odd beverage and a good cigar are OK too! ......... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yep, weather looks good for us also. We head to Campbell river tomorrow, a short run for us. Fired up the Grunert Freezer today cuz the New fridge is acting up. I'm so tired of this Fridge thing. This is our third fridge in just over 2 years now all Norcold. Calling West Marine in the morning, see if this warrantee is worth a dam up here in Canada. Oh well, as they say, Boat repairs in exotic places.

Tom

What is your route? Should you be coming past us please let me know so I can get out my camera. We are on the North end of Saltspring Island, opposite Conover Cove on Wallace Island. You can transit Houston Passage, then aim for Dodd Narrows instead of staying in Trincomali all the way up. Thus you will go past our home and be photo ready.

Yep, weather looks good for us also. We head to Campbell river tomorrow, a short run for us. Fired up the Grunert Freezer today cuz the New fridge is acting up. I'm so tired of this Fridge thing. This is our third fridge in just over 2 years now all Norcold. Calling West Marine in the morning, see if this warrantee is worth a dam up here in Canada. Oh well, as they say, Boat repairs in exotic places.
Your frig now has a name: Wilber

Took on 479 gallons at a cost of $1065. Heading to Bedwell, then north.

Opps. 377 gallons. That's from Longview to Friday harbor.

Nice day to go to Canada!1494088523061.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom