Old 09-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #1

City: Nine Mile Falls,Wa.
Vessel Name: North Star
Vessel Model: 2006 north Pacific 52'
Our first week long trip on the North Star

It all started on Monday Aug. 26th, We left Anacortes in the late morning and our destination was Bedwell harbor. We arrived at customs about 3pm and in 30 minutes we were tied to our moorage at Poets Cove. What a beautiful place. This was my first time through customs, so I was a little nervous. All went well. We took a nice break and had dinner at the restaurant while here for the evening.

Day two we pointed the bow towards Nanaimo and made landing at about 3pm. We were off on the tides at Dodd narrows so with light winds we went through Puiller Pass. From there it was a nice 2 1/2 hrs to Nanaimo. With plenty of moorage we settled in and went and purchased provisions for the rest of our trip. The grocery store was just two blocks away.

Day three found us up early as light winds were predicted for the day. WE made our way across the Georgia Straits which seemed as though we would never get to the other side. We were pointed towards Agamemnon Inlet. As the day was winding down we found a beautiful little anchorage in Dark bay. Behind a small island.

Day four found us heading up the inlet approx. 40 miles to Princess Lousia Inlet to Malibou rapids. I did time the tides on this as I was nervous to push my luck as not knowing what I was in for. All went well and it was four miles later we were taking pictures of Chatterbox Falls. The weather was poor and raining, but it didn't curb our excitement at all. After a few hours there we were headed down to Green Bay near the lower part of the Agamamnon Inlet. As we passed it on the way up it looked as though it would be a perfect anchorage for the night. Keep in mind there are very few spots to anchor as the rock walls drop quickly into hundreds of feet of water. It was without a doubt the most beautiful anchorage we have ever been out. Keep in mind we are newbys at this. Purchased our Troller in February of this year.

Day five found us again crossing the Georgia straits again and the wind was predicted to 15 to 20 mph. We left at first light and about half way into it I was starting to look for an Island to get behind to wait the weather out. Winds got up to 26mph on my weather station and it was getting rough. We tucked in behind a large Island and waited for four hours for things to subside a bit. Then we worked our way to Nanaimo.

Day 6 took us back home by way of Puiller Pass and 8 hours later we were at customs in Friday Harbor. We had dinner with my wife Clares sister and brother in law.

Day 7 we slept in and work our way back to Anacortes. WE had a lovely trip with no systems failing on the vessel. All ready trying to figure out our next trip to Knights Inlet.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. Its obvious we are new at this by my writings. Lots of pictures enclosed.
Attached Thumbnails
005.jpg   013 (2).jpg   016.jpg   064.jpg   069.jpg  

083.jpg   079.jpg  
Merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Outstanding trip report. Thanks for sharing. Loved the pictures, too.
https://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

City: Nine Mile Falls,Wa.
Vessel Name: North Star
Vessel Model: 2006 north Pacific 52'
More pictures of our trip

Thanks for looking

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
004.jpg   022.jpg   031 (2).jpg   077.jpg   062.jpg  

054.jpg  
Merganser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
Outstanding trip report. Thanks for sharing. Loved the pictures, too.
Ditto! Great job!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Wow! Great first long trip, loved the report and terrific pics. Thanks for posting!!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote