Ketchikan- Your first village in your Alaska arrival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Thought you folks would enjoy a pretty good video on the various aspects of Ketchikan. Please view each of the offered subjects. One would hope you would take away a confirmation on how fortunate I was born and raised here, choosing to live my life span within the State with the majority of my long life here in Ketchikan. Welcome.:flowers:

Al-Ketchikan

https://www.visit-ketchikan.com/About-Ketchikan/Ketchikan-Stories/Ketchikan-Overview

That first video was so good I went on and watched the next two videos. The third one was my favorite. Ketchikan has been quite the melting pot!

:thumb:

Thanks Al.
Good vids (probably mostly old films) and they pretty much covered it all. Shows how proud the Alaskans are of their state (SE Alaska) and the Alaskans that reflect the country they live in.
I’m puzzeled why you called Ketchikan a village. Over on Prince of Wales they call Thorne Bay a city.

Thanks Al.
Good vids (probably mostly old films) and they pretty much covered it all. Shows how proud the Alaskans are of their state (SE Alaska) and the Alaskans that reflect the country they live in.
I’m puzzeled why you called Ketchikan a village. Over on Prince of Wales they call Thorne Bay a city.

:banghead:Sssssssssss Eric, I am playing to the crowd. Don't say anything more.:whistling:
Today we had a total of four ships with a total of 9,500 'Cheechockos' visiting our village, Each day around 8,500 mim and now this year, the village will see a couple of five ships and a near 10,000 passenger days. (Not counting crew members).:facepalm::
Here is the largest and in Ketchikan every Monday:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...ne-ship-bliss-maiden-voyage-begins/538877002/

Village life takes a new twist and a bit different from your times!!:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom