Just a little BC moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Murray: This summer we met a nice couple in Kitsaway Anchorage who were heading up Gardner Canal. They’d been up there several times and it was a favourite of theirs. He’s an avid fisherman who had caught a couple of coho off Gill Island that day. He mentioned that fishing in Gardner Canal was not the best. Not sure if that was timing or not.

Our schedule was getting tight so didn’t follow them up there, but we hope to go up there in the near future. That, Roscoe Inlet and Spiller Channel.

Jd, you got my attention with Gil Island and coho. When we are returning from SE Alaska in August, the north end of Gil Island and the east shore of Farrant Island have been very productive for coho. This year it was some of the best fishing of the whole summer for us, in terms of big fish and non-stop action. Anywhere in Wright Sound can potentially be good as the fish move through. Promise Island close to Hartley Bay is another good spot.

Hey Ken,

John and I fished just outside of Sullivan Bay, then Logon Cove and had good fishing for silvers. Had a great time....

Tom.....on the way up next May, I'm going to try Promise Island for king salmon. I remember that you and John had good fishing there, with some locals.

Shhhhhh
Secret bay and hidden mountain......lol

Brown Bay this AM

Dec. 25, 2017 9:30

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 101
Nice picture Ted,
We were up that way but wanted to get to Port Hardy so we whizzed on by. On the way back we were tired of the rain and driving so whizzed again. Actually we started down the road but decided it was best for a truck and a bit primitive for our sedan.
We had a fairly good time though.
Had an excellent dinner at a restaurant that was part of a motel up on the hill in Port McNeil. Found out the same woman is harbormaster after 12 years. Imagine that.
Next time we'll bring our little motorhome new to us or obviously the boat.
Yea we've even got snow down here. Kids will absolutly love it though.

Reviving an old thread for a new photo of the Uchuck.

Attachments

• ec83d573-1c9e-47f0-bb1b-3b7628856619.jpg
    ec83d573-1c9e-47f0-bb1b-3b7628856619.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom