Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan
Grand Kids on Board SeaHorse II

The Seattle crew is here until 4/10 and we are really enjoying them! Lots of fishing, swimming, eating, laughs, kayaking, etc. It will be sad to see them go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	San Diego 4:3-5 Composite.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	17838  

My passion for improving my boat(s) exceeds my desire to constantly cruise them.
Codger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
That is what boating is all about Walt.

I had all three of my sons on the boat Tuesday, something I won't be able to do again for 2 more years and it was fantastic.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Guru

City: Vallejo, California
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
They will remember these days forever. Your grandson behind the wheel looks to be taking his task seriously!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Giggitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Great to see all having such a good time. Makes me wish we had grandkids that age. Ours are just getting too old and too busy now. One in college, one starting college next fall, one a D1 football prospect, and one active in theater. We can't even get them together for a trip to the Bahamas. Enjoy these days while you can. They and you will never forget. Time is so fleeting.
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
You are so right. Grandkids are special, and the reciprocal is also right. Grandparents are really special to their grandchildren. it really chokes me up sometimes when thinking of the distance between us and ours, over in London. Especially when we are Skyping, and granddaughter pipes up with, "I want to go out in Poppa's boat again".
Here is the last time, about this time last year, when they were out here with us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image103.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	17839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image113.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	17840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image105.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	17841  
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
Guru

City: Saint Augustine, Fl.
Cookie Crunchers will have memories to last a lifetime from this week on Grandpas' boat.
Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

City: Mandurah
Vessel Name: Blu Tug
Vessel Model: R27 Ranger Tug
Grand Kids on Board SeaHorse11

Hi All,
That's the reason we decided against importing a Defever 44 to live aboard and cruise around Australia much happier getting our new Ranger Tug 27 and a new park home in Mandurah so we can be closer to our grandson 6 mths
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B
blunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Children and grandchildren. Priceless!

Each year we look forward to summer when the grandchildren come and stay with us on the boat. When they turn about 15/16 they donít have much of an interest as they have their own live, friends, and interest. So enjoy them while you can!
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse II View Post
The Seattle crew is here until 4/10 and we are really enjoying them! Lots of fishing, swimming, eating, laughs, kayaking, etc. It will be sad to see them go.
Good on ya, Walt, for using your boat in such a beneficial way. As you know, there is no telling how an experience a youngster has will affect his or her life up the road. Things an adult may feel are insignificant can have a major impact on the direction a child's life takes as he or she grows into maturity.

The five and a half year old daughter of good friends went with us when we all took a narrowboat holiday in the UK in the early 90s. Today, having graduated from Virginia Tech and beginning her career, or at least her first one, she still remembers things from that trip that remain important to her, things that we never even noticed or dismissed as trite at the time. Her love of travel, her willingness to try new things, and the respect she has for other cultures today can probably be traced back to that first "international" trip she took with us on the narrowboat.

Something you might want to try----- Instead of the Seattle contingent having to shlepp themselves down there to go boating you could bring the boat up here. Then you could probably provide many more experiences like the one you just related, and in great cruising grounds, to boot.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post

Something you might want to try----- Instead of the Seattle contingent having to shlepp themselves down there to go boating you could bring the boat up here. Then you could probably provide many more experiences like the one you just related, and in great cruising grounds, to boot.
What's that? Marin inviting a California boat to the PNW? I think I am hearing a distant rumble.
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
What's that? Marin inviting a California boat to the PNW? I think I am hearing a distant rumble.
I make an exception for Walt who I don't regard as a Californian but an Arizonian (or whatever they're called down there). Or maybe it's a New Mexican, I can't remember. But it's not California which is the important thing.

Plus Walt doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'll get all whiny and bitchy if it's overcast. Like us, he'll just carry on and enjoy the hell out of his day.

And based on my correspondence with him over the years, Walt's got Style, something that we can always use more of up here. And his boat's cool, something we can also use more of up here.

So I regard it as a win-win-win for us.

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote