Grand Kids on Board SeaHorse II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
The Seattle crew is here until 4/10 and we are really enjoying them! Lots of fishing, swimming, eating, laughs, kayaking, etc. It will be sad to see them go. :pirate::oldman:

Attachments

• San Diego 4:3-5 Composite.jpg
    San Diego 4:3-5 Composite.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 146
That is what boating is all about Walt. :thumb::thumb:

I had all three of my sons on the boat Tuesday, something I won't be able to do again for 2 more years and it was fantastic.

They will remember these days forever. Your grandson behind the wheel looks to be taking his task seriously!

Great to see all having such a good time. Makes me wish we had grandkids that age. Ours are just getting too old and too busy now. One in college, one starting college next fall, one a D1 football prospect, and one active in theater. We can't even get them together for a trip to the Bahamas. Enjoy these days while you can. They and you will never forget. Time is so fleeting.

You are so right. Grandkids are special, and the reciprocal is also right. Grandparents are really special to their grandchildren. it really chokes me up sometimes when thinking of the distance between us and ours, over in London. Especially when we are Skyping, and granddaughter pipes up with, "I want to go out in Poppa's boat again".
Here is the last time, about this time last year, when they were out here with us.

Attachments

• Image103.jpg
    Image103.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Image113.jpg
    Image113.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 89
  • Image105.jpg
    Image105.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Grand Kids on Board SeaHorse11

Hi All,
That's the reason we decided against importing a Defever 44 to live aboard and cruise around Australia:) much happier getting our new Ranger Tug 27 :)and a new park home in Mandurah:) so we can be closer to our grandson 6 mths :)
Cheers
Peter & Ronie B

Children and grandchildren. Priceless! :dance:

Each year we look forward to summer when the grandchildren come and stay with us on the boat. When they turn about 15/16 they don’t have much of an interest as they have their own live, friends, and interest. So enjoy them while you can! :thumb:

The Seattle crew is here until 4/10 and we are really enjoying them! Lots of fishing, swimming, eating, laughs, kayaking, etc. It will be sad to see them go. :pirate::oldman:

Good on ya, Walt, for using your boat in such a beneficial way. As you know, there is no telling how an experience a youngster has will affect his or her life up the road. Things an adult may feel are insignificant can have a major impact on the direction a child's life takes as he or she grows into maturity.

The five and a half year old daughter of good friends went with us when we all took a narrowboat holiday in the UK in the early 90s. Today, having graduated from Virginia Tech and beginning her career, or at least her first one, she still remembers things from that trip that remain important to her, things that we never even noticed or dismissed as trite at the time. Her love of travel, her willingness to try new things, and the respect she has for other cultures today can probably be traced back to that first "international" trip she took with us on the narrowboat.

Something you might want to try----- Instead of the Seattle contingent having to shlepp themselves down there to go boating you could bring the boat up here. Then you could probably provide many more experiences like the one you just related, and in great cruising grounds, to boot.:)

Something you might want to try----- Instead of the Seattle contingent having to shlepp themselves down there to go boating you could bring the boat up here. Then you could probably provide many more experiences like the one you just related, and in great cruising grounds, to boot.:)

What's that? Marin inviting a California boat to the PNW? I think I am hearing a distant rumble.:D

What's that? Marin inviting a California boat to the PNW? I think I am hearing a distant rumble.:D

I make an exception for Walt who I don't regard as a Californian but an Arizonian (or whatever they're called down there). Or maybe it's a New Mexican, I can't remember. But it's not California which is the important thing.:)

Plus Walt doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'll get all whiny and bitchy if it's overcast. Like us, he'll just carry on and enjoy the hell out of his day.

And based on my correspondence with him over the years, Walt's got Style, something that we can always use more of up here. And his boat's cool, something we can also use more of up here.

So I regard it as a win-win-win for us.:)

Back
Top Bottom