Defever 40/41 in Portland Area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gnaritas

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Orient
Vessel Make
1978 36' Universal Marine Aft Cabin Trawler
Anyone living in Portland/Vancouver own a Defever 40 or 41? I'm looking to take up the lifestyle next year and this is my current dreamboat and would love to have someone to converse about this boat with and possibly even check out your boat if you'd like to show it off.

Also just want to get to know some local trawler people to learn the ins and outs of living on a trawler in the Portland area and learn about the local marinas.

Welcome.

When looking for a very specific boat, you will likely need to expand your search area. I was looking for a very specific sailboat a number of years back and found it in SoCal and had it trucked up to Puget Sound. Harder to truck a Defever that size (not impossible, the sailboat was 40') but I would expand the search to anywhere on the West Coast of the US and BC.

BTW, that Sailboat was purchased last year by a couple in Vancouver, WA. They hired a captain to sail it down the Columbia.

Oh definitely, I plan to look at the entire west coast and puget sound area when purchasing; I'd just love to find someone locally who owns one and befriend them. :)

Next year came early, 90 days after this post and I just closed on my new 36' Universal on Friday. Woohoo!

Glad to see you have a boat now, enjoy it and get out there and use it!

Oh I plan to after some initial maintenance. Are you in Portland now? I see you have a Selene 47, that's a big boat, just curious as I'm looking for someone with experience to help me get her to the marina from Schooner creek in a couple of days. I don't know any local captains and this is my first boat, no real experience other than a 2 hour sea trial.

We wont be back on the boat until Thursday afternoon, might be able to help you on Friday.

We’re at Salpare, just a short trip to Schooner for us. Where you planning on docking?

Plan on docking at Janzen Bay, but they won't touch me until I have insurance/registration and the dock master has inspected the boat, so I'm winging it at the moment. Schooner said I could leave the boat at their dock for a couple days at most. Waiting for BoatUS to approve the insurance which takes two biz days for them to review the survey so hopefully have insurance by late Wednesday or Thursday (today being a holiday really hosed me on timing). If Schooner wants me out before I get my paperwork inline then I guess I'm **** out of luck and will have to just go drop anchor somewhere until all my paperwork is inline.

So Friday might have to do if Schooner is understanding enough. I'll happily pay you a couple hundred bucks for your time if I can't manage it before Friday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom