Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #161
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Hi again, Daddyo

1950’s, 60’s 70’s - - > Having grown up around/aboard boats, for years working in boatyards with shipwrights, and having many times cruised/visited most parts/numerous harbors along the Atlantic coast from NY to and including Maine... with a couple Nor Easters and two hurricanes under my belt while on board: In my opinion you did exactly correct in your plan and its resulting 100% success for weathering “Sandy”. Those who don’t know what you did nor understand where you were (cause they simply have not been there) and those who want to ridicule you because they just cannot understand/see the complete picture are making fools of themselves in the eyes of we who in times past have actually experienced your recent dilemma. Trust your instincts and already gained knowledge. I believe in your seamanship Daddyo and would be honored to accompany you as ship/boat mate any time!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #162
City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
I'm active in a photography forum, where if you don't want somebodies incessantly negative, combative posts to be a part of your online experience, you can put that individual on "ignore". (Sort of like finally killing that annoying mosquito in your tent at night.) Does this forum have that?

Moderator response:
Yes it does and now would be a great time for a few of our members to use it.

"The most interesting path between two points is not a straight line" Murray Minchin
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #163
City: Hotel, CA
The moderation team has decided that this discussion has run its course. We feel it is now time to close this topic and move on.

Thank you

Craig - AKA Some Clueless Idiot

The person who is saying something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
Closed Thread