Old 10-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #21

City: Buffalo, NY
We were very disappointed by the way they handled the cancellation. We travelled 7 hours to attend and received an email 27 minutes before the seminar we were attending that everything was cancelled! Nobody was on site. All locked up and even the signs were taken down. Several other people were milling about and hadn't even received notification!
gkalonaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #22

thank god I got an email from one of the dealers that I know,otherwise I would have been in the same boat(pun intended)as you are.I agree that passagemaker was very slow in announcing it.Guess it was all about the money they were trying to salvage,with little regard for all those people that drove great distances to attend.
tinped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #23
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. t. "...it was all about the money...". When PMM was first launched, I suppose it was all about the money then as well BUT the demographic that Mr. Bill P' was aiming for was folks like the majority of TF members IMO. The BIG change came when PMM was sold off. Having experienced 2 Trawler fests, thinking back, it's still about the money but more so...
Old 10-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #24

City: Raleigh
I too was very disappointed about the way this was handled. I did not get a real good feeling earlier on in the registration process. Seems like there was a lack of organization and there were inconsistencies in seminar scheduling. I did attend some of the seminars on Wednesday and Thursday and the instructors were very good. I drove seven hours to attend, bought a VIP pass for both my wife and I and had hotel expenses of $220/night. I realize the organizers can't control the weather, but the seminars were inside and the hurricane was already predicted to head out to sea. It appears the decision to cancel was made Thursday night but the notification email was not sent to participants until after 8:00 am on Friday. I was lucky the hotel was nice enough to waive the cancellation notice notice and not charge me the Friday night rate of $300.00. Not sure I will try to attend future Trawlerfest events. Guess we'll see how they handle the refunds.
simpleinterest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #25
Guru

City: Annapolis
Vessel Name: Ranger
Vessel Model: 58' Sedan Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleinterest View Post
I realize the organizers can't control the weather, but the seminars were inside and the hurricane was already predicted to head out to sea. It appears the decision to cancel was made Thursday night but the notification email was not sent to participants until after 8:00 am on Friday.

FWIW, we weren't sure here that Joaquin was headed out to sea until late afternoon on Friday. At not sure enough so we could tell which option of our hurricane plan to activate.

We're about 20 mins from BBM, on the west side of the Bay...

-Chris
Old 10-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #26

even though the info you gave is correct,the email from the exhibitor dealer I received came on Thursday at 9am.He stated that that many exibitors had pulled out by that point,leaving only a small handful.The on land portion had already been cancelled.So except for the seminars,there really wasn't a boat show.The notification from PM came out Friday.
tinped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #27
Veteran Member

City: Clearwater, FL
Vessel Name: Living Waters
Vessel Model: 36' Grand Banks Classic
Give them a break

Well, we came all the way from Florida by air for Trawlerfest. Conditions on Thursday were awful with blowing rain and cold winds. We made the most out of a very unfortunate situation for all involved. We were told by the folks in the Trawlerfest office that the outside displays and tents weren't allowed to open because of the high winds, then late Thursday afternoon around 4:00 pm, the Governor declared a state of emergency. It was then that a decision was made to pull the plug on Trawlerfest, a wise decision by PMM in my opinion. So even though we spent a ton of money to come here for this event, we're willing to give PMM a break because we've been through 2 direct hurricane hits and things can get a little crazy when your preparing for the worst case scenarios.
Fishing Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:05 PM   #28

City: Florida
Vessel Name: Lady Di
Vessel Model: 2012 Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
We got there on Wednesday morning for the seminars and I must say, it's like we surprised them. Parking was screwy- they parked us as far away as possible from the seminar building when there was a large empty lot adjacent to the building- yes, it was raining!

They handed me my badge with NOTHING else. No program or promo material at all! I came back on Thursday and asked for the Beneteau bag (after I saw others with them) which did have stuff in it.

The A/C was broken in the 2 classrooms we visited. Rest rooms were totally inadequate in number.

They did (finally) bring us some coffee and donut munchkins, some water bottles later in the day in a very dirty old cooler.

I cannot believe how low this event has sunken. I doubt we'll be back.
rclarke246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #29

I got the same email about a refund. So far nothing else
. Anyone know about this?
Old 11-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #30
Veteran Member

City: Rhode River, MD
Vessel Name: WayWeGo
Vessel Model: Trojan F36
We only had tickets for the show without any seminars. We found out at the door the event was being cancelled and that we would get a refund. So far, no email or money...
Waywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:57 AM   #31

City: Annapolis
I called and had to press, but got a 100% refund on the Siminar costs. I like so many others, never got any email or other notification that they had called it.
Jefwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:21 AM   #32

For the record, they DID give me a refund for the unused portion.