Trawlerfest 2014 Lake Park, Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktenhet

On the Passagemaker website the TF is going to be Feb 25-March 1st, at Lake Shore Dr, Lake Port Florida. I looked at the map provided and it looks like there is Hotels on the Lake Shore side and the Palm Beach shore side.Does anyone know where exactly the TF will be in relationship to Hotels, walking distance, busses etc? We will be flying in. Thanks for any advice

Wow...I'm blown away. I guess Ft. Lauderdale Trawlerfest is out for 2014. Anyway, W.Palm Beach is a big enough community for lots of hotels, so I'd expect there will be a plethora of beach side and bay side options. Lake Park....I dunno. It's a small place on the ICW and I doubt they have much right there. Frankly, with all my trips up and down the ICW this year, I never noticed Lake Park. Thanks for this heads-up. I'll probably stay in Stuart, maybe on the boat. (about an hour north).

Thanks for the info healthustler. I'm surprised no one else has any information. I would think all you seasond trawler people would know everything about that area, since like you said its on the ICW.lol This will be our first TF and to that part of Florida. We are thinking this is how we want to retire....... so we are flying in from CA to check it all out.

Please let me know when you find out. I wasn't aware of a Trawler Fest at that location and time.
Thanks,
Capt. Mike

I just spoke to one of the Brokers that will be displaying boats at Trawler Fest 2014 in Lake Park, FL. According to him, there was talk that the hotel/marina in Lauderdale was a bit difficult to work things out with, so they are moving up the ICW to an upscale marina in Lake Park (just outside of West Palm Beach). This means the most convenient airport would be West Palm Beach instead of Ft. Lauderdale, but if one intends to rent a car from the airport anyway, Ft. Lauderdale could still be a reasonable alternative with only an extra hour or so of travel to the Lake Park venue. This is still the same sponsored Trawler Fest that has been in Lauderdale the last few years, and should be just as well attended. Don't let the new location throw you off. It's not "some other" Trawler Fest.

Thank you. I hope it 's not too late to get a booth for my charter business

Keep us posted, even with my boat in the Caribbean, I'll go

Cees. We're going to Ponce-puerto Rico on January 1$ to continue our trip. Do you want to come with us?

Probably not, because it is pretty expensive. We are because we 're promoting our charter business.
Tailwinds

Back
Top Bottom