TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ft. Pierce City Marina.800.619-1780

Ok...what is the name of the marina??? Looks like I was able to get the time off and my and the little girlie will be there. I just need to know name of marina so I can find a hotel around there. Looking forward to seeing you guys!!! We will be arriving Friday and heading home Sunday.
I got a room at Hampton Inn. not the closest, but close.

Congratulations on the new boat! Don't dally if you want to cruise to the TF get together. I'm in Fort Myers and expect it to take 3 days at 7 knots, to get to Fort Pierce.

Ted

Hi Ted. I hope to average 7 to 8 knots, but the boat can do 16 if I open my wallet, which I hate. LOL. When will you depart Ft. Myers? Perhaps we will be in your wake.

David

Ted

That sounds like long days. I'm in Miami and will probably come up the ditch and will take three short days.

See you there.

Have done it 5 times now. Pretty easy, but then long days don't bother me.

Ted

Hi Ted. I hope to average 7 to 8 knots, but the boat can do 16 if I open my wallet, which I hate. LOL. When will you depart Ft. Myers? Perhaps we will be in your wake.

David

Will leave Cape Coral the 31st. Will probably stop between Moore Haven and Clewiston the first night. Grab a mooring in Stuart the second night. Then an easy day to Fort Pierce.

Ted

OK, guys. Sorry to have been distracted. My new home on Signal Mountain is ready, and I have been busy packing to move on my return from Fort Pierce. As for dates, it's set for boats to start arriving on Thurs, 2 Feb; and depart Sunday 5 Feb. Feel free to wonder in and out when ever you like. It is very informal. With 6 restaurants within walking distance (2 on the marina premises) we will usually wind up at one of those for dinner. There was a food truck invasion last year that was quite good.

I will take my short bus down for group runs to Marine Connection (great marine salvage yard) and West Marine. It's possible that we may have a special outing that should prove most interesting. This will be dependent on work schedules, and time available for us at the site. If we can pull this off, I promise a unique experience.

If you want to bring some snacks or appetizers that would be nice. I will have enough beer to get us started. Other drinks are BYOB. The Farmers Market on Sat morning is in the park on the marina grounds. They will have breakfast food and pastries available.

Will leave Cape Coral the 31st. Will probably stop between Moore Haven and Clewiston the first night. Grab a mooring in Stuart the second night. Then an easy day to Fort Pierce.

Ted

I am doing the Okeechobee crossing for the first time Ted. Do you mind looking at this draft itinerary and telling me if it makes sense? Could I go farther each day?

Day 1 (31 Jan) depart Punta Gorda
Day 2 anchor at Glover Bight in Cape Coral
Day 3 Tie up at LaBelle City
Day 4 Tie up at Moore Haven
Day 5 Tie up at Shepard Park, Stuart
Day 6 Anchor at Coconut Point, south of Melbourne
Day 7 Tie up at Smyrna Beach dock
Day 8 St Augustine Mooring Field
Day 9 arrive St Marys GA

Thoughts?

David

I am doing the Okeechobee crossing for the first time Ted. Do you mind looking at this draft itinerary and telling me if it makes sense? Could I go farther each day?

Day 1 (31 Jan) depart Punta Gorda
Day 2 anchor at Glover Bight in Cape Coral
Day 3 Tie up at LaBelle City
Day 4 Tie up at Moore Haven
Day 5 Tie up at Shepard Park, Stuart
Day 6 Anchor at Coconut Point, south of Melbourne
Day 7 Tie up at Smyrna Beach dock
Day 8 St Augustine Mooring Field
Day 9 arrive St Marys GA

Thoughts?

David

David, it is doable provided no mechanical or navigational problems. Running 9 days straight can be very tiring if not for you for you crew. Is there no time for a little time off like say at St. Augustine?

David, it is doable provided no mechanical or navigational problems. Running 9 days straight can be very tiring if not for you for you crew. Is there no time for a little time off like say at St. Augustine?

With some wonderful help from OC Diver, I have re-jigged our itinerary so that we should arrive in Ft Pierce for the TF gathering. So a couple of days there will break the trip up nicely.

Great David. We will look forward to seeing you in Fort Pierce.

I won't be making it this go around. I am working Jan. 30-Feb. 2. Work requires me to cross the state and go to Tampa. Too much driving whether by sea or land! LOL

A special thank you to psneeld and OC Diver for your very kind offer and I hope to see you guys on your return in spring.

Have a great time everyone!

I won't be making it this go around. I am working Jan. 30-Feb. 2. Work requires me to cross the state and go to Tampa. Too much driving whether by sea or land! LOL
Have a great time everyone!

Saints help us. That means that Don will probably invite the Debaucherita Biker Gang again.:eek:

Attachments

• debaucherita biker gang.jpg
    debaucherita biker gang.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 63
I am off and will be there with lil cutie in tow. Booked a room at The Hutchinson Island Plaza Inn and Suites.

I have found that I can cross Florida thru the Lake in two day without pushing, from coast to coast. Usually spending the night at Clewston, good bar. Stuart to Ft Pierce is a very short easy trip.

Swap meet

The idea of a swap meet during the gathering was kicked around and thought positive.

So just a reminder to attendees to dig through their "storage bins" and see what stuff you have that you might want to get rid of.

There is not going to be any formal setting for it (as of yet), but might be a good idea to have a list and an idea of pricing and at some point I would guess those interested will start up conversations.

With a run going to the Marine Connection/Salvage place.... knowing what others have just before the run might trigger options.

I guess if you wanted a head start, you could post them in the classified section with a mention they will be at the gathering if not sold by then.

Feedback welcome .....as so far it was just a 10 second brainstorming on the idea.

Looks like the Emily Anne crew will not make the gathering after all. Bummer. Too many family social obligations have arisen. Lesson: when you are on winter vacation in a warm clime never let the northern relatives know exactly where you are and that you have spare bedrooms.

Looks like the Emily Anne crew will not make the gathering after all. Bummer. Too many family social obligations have arisen. Lesson: when you are on winter vacation in a warm clime never let the northern relatives know exactly where you are and that you have spare bedrooms.

Well that sucks!!!!

Looks like the same for Bucky crew. We were supposed to leave by yesterday for a slip in Ft Pierce, but both of us are feeling symptoms from red tide or flu, not sure which. like Dwatty says, bummer. No beer, no boat talk, no Debaucheritas and no Liquidators. Have a slip in Ft Pierce available now, PM me if you need one. Off A1A causeway near Coast Guard.

Sorry you guys can't make, I guess the others can tell lies about you both!

Gotcha is on her way, we anchored tonight to not deal with the Miami River in the morning.

Looks like the same for Bucky crew. We were supposed to leave by yesterday for a slip in Ft Pierce, but both of us are feeling symptoms from red tide or flu, not sure which. like Dwatty says, bummer. No beer, no boat talk, no Debaucheritas and no Liquidators. Have a slip in Ft Pierce available now, PM me if you need one. Off A1A causeway near Coast Guard.

DUDE!!!!?????....more suckage!!!! I was looking forward to meeting y'all!!!

It's 6am in Fort Myers, 41 degrees, and the wind is guzting 3 knots out of the East. Just waiting for first light to turn the key and start the trip to Fort Pierce. Some people have their priorities straight. :rolleyes: That wouldn't be me, but I'm sure I'll meet up with some on Thursday.

Ted

It's 6am in Fort Myers, 41 degrees, and the wind is guzting 3 knots out of the East. Just waiting for first light to turn the key and start the trip to Fort Pierce. Some people have their priorities straight. :rolleyes: That wouldn't be me, but I'm sure I'll meet up with some on Thursday.

Ted

We've been hearing a lot of whining and complaining from those at home over the awful cold weather. Right now 63 degrees in Fort Lauderdale and for South Floridians that's time to put on the winter coats. Fortunately we're in a warmer climate at the moment, 82 degrees. Do not worry though, South Florida will be over this insane cold snap by tomorrow.

Ted

Trust me Ted....your priorities are just fine!!!!....;) See y'all Friday!!!

OK, guys, for those coming to the TF Gathering at Fort Pierce City Marina listen up. Moonstruck is in her slip #46 on B Dock. Send me a PM, and I will respond with the gate code to access the docks. Sorry we will miss those that can't attend. Hope to see you next year.

Scott's here, and we plan to do a beer run this afternoon. I suppose everyone likes PBR.:hide:

By the way, we have a beautiful day in Ft. Pierce with the promise of warming over the next few days.:socool:

OK, guys, for those coming to the TF Gathering at Fort Pierce City Marina listen up. Moonstruck is in her slip #46 on B Dock. Send me a PM, and I will respond with the gate code to access the docks. Sorry we will miss those that can't attend. Hope to see you next year.

Scott's here, and we plan to do a beer run this afternoon. I suppose everyone likes PBR.:hide:

By the way, we have a beautiful day in Ft. Pierce with the promise of warming over the next few days.:socool:

Did you get my PM about beer last week?

Ted

I got up this morning to 55 degrees, my crew wanted to,mutiny but I convinced them to punch on and we are spending the night on the ICW in Deray. We might stop at Peck lake to spen the night tomorrow or push on to Ft .Pierce. If so I'll call and see if they will let me come in Wednesday instead of Thursday. Hopefully you guys haven't burned down the docks.

Looking forward to a fun time with juveniles that have grey beards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom