TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Donna

Your so close it should be easy to find a crew to help. Hell, you can't get lost! ��

LOL! Yes I am pretty close. She is new to me and I have had her out (with crew) for the boat parade. I know my marina would help untie etc., just not comfortable on my own. :eek:

Larry

I made my reservations awhile ago. Is there a chance that Don reserved some slips for the guys coming?

Nope, I couldn't give the dock master a firm number. Some will stay longer or leave early. Too many variables. That's why the announcement for the dates went out early. Usually they can cram you in someplace, but you may have to do some walking. They will usually not reserve specific slips. Only if you call the day of arrival for a late arrival after closing.

Thanks Don. I don't know their policy. I guess I better reconfirm my reservation.

Donna

Try this. Find a knowledgeable person at your marina that will help. Follow him up in your car to Ft Pierce, have him leave his car, drive him back to your boat. Both of you take your boat to Ft Pierce, dock and he can drive back.

After the trip reverse the order and he or they go back with you to your home port.

Easy.

I hope I can get those days off....... It is gonna be a toss up. But if so, my little chikadee and I will be there for sure!!!

I assume the best airport to fly into would be MCO???

Donna - I live in Palm Coast - own a 36 Grand Banks & 50 Ton USCG license - if you want help building confidence, let me know - day trips to Matanzas inlet - call 850 - 491 - 3405

Donna - I live in Palm Coast - own a 36 Grand Banks & 50 Ton USCG license - if you want help building confidence, let me know - day trips to Matanzas inlet - call 850 - 491 - 3405

This is fantastic! Thank you!

Donna - correction - 850 - 491 - 3495

I just received a confirmation from Anne Maurer for dock space at Ft. Pierce Marina. I'll be there if the boat doesn't sink or run aground. :)

Just made my reservation. Called this morning and gave them my information. They asked if I stayed there before and boat name. When I said yes, Slow Hand, they said, happy to have you back Mr. Bristol , have a slip on a floating dock for you. Said they were planning on bumping some blue boat named "moonpie" to the dark side of the train tracks, when I arrived. Something about failing to keep his boat shiny. Don't know what that's all about, but it sounds like a shiny showdown come February. Hope Moon man can get it together by then. :rolleyes:

Ted

As long as his cooler full of beer is cold and on the dock like last year, his boat can look like a coal mine reject. :)

We can always sit on his boat but look at yours Ted.

He is a great host...and I thank him for starting and nurturing this now second get together!!!

"Mr. Bristol"??? You were the one who paid your bill and didn't leave in the wee hours of the morning, huh?
So the boat needs to be shiny? Shiny is relative, no?

"Mr. Bristol"??? You were the one who paid your bill and didn't leave in the wee hours of the morning, huh?
So the boat needs to be shiny? Shiny is relative, no?
No worries. This is between Don and me. Best to keep clear, when the buffing wheel and wax starts to fly, things could get ugly. ;)

Ted

Maybe I could get luck and be tied between your two boats, when the buffing wheel starts to fly I may get lucky with some overbuff. That might be nice.

I assume the best airport to fly into would be MCO???

The closest airport is Melbourne, small and easy.
After that MCO and PBI are equidistant.

Melbourne is pretty small and may not have many accommodation flights but it will be lots faster and nicer.

Donna, I am traveling single handed from Merritt Island. If you would feel more secure, we could buddy down. Most marinas will send someone to assist when you request it.

John

The closest airport is Melbourne, small and easy.
After that MCO and PBI are equidistant.

And any decent hotels??? We will likely fly into MCO and then rent a car and drive....assuming I can get the time off

Baker

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn years ago and it was very nice, I also know there is a Hoilday inn express but never stayed there.

Check the Internet and book early at decent prices you can always cancel if needed.

I can rent my vee berth out that is either stumbling distance from Don's cooler or I will provide additional dingy service and tuck you in for a reasonable rate.

Let me know...then get ready to sign over your retirement account. :)

Oh I'm really going to miss this gathering :-(. I'll have to rough it in Aspen :) Drink a cold one for me.

I can rent my vee berth out that is either stumbling distance from Don's cooler or I will provide additional dingy service and tuck you in for a reasonable rate.

Let me know...then get ready to sign over your retirement account. :)

Hahaha!!! Maybe we can work something out!!!...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FC

Aspen is just too damn cold in February for this southern boy. I'll be more than happy to put down a cold one in your name. LOL

Ha, many geese have given their all for me - keeps me toasty on the slopes! Thanks!

Well....I just realized.....do y'all realize this is Superbowl Weekend???? Not only that, but I live in the host city....

Starting on Ground Hog day ending on Super Bowl Sunday. go NE Patriots

Well....I just realized.....do y'all realize this is Superbowl Weekend???? Not only that, but I live in the host city....

Woohoo! You can rent out your place and more than cover your expenses! Win-win.

Much as I hate to say this, that was a great move on Don's part. Super Bowl weekend is a great weekend for cruising. All the boating idiots (including the drunk boating idiots) have their faces glued to the TV. The waterways are clear for those of us who realize the game generally isn't worth watching and you can also record it if you really need to see it. Best part is that Mother Nature always makes the weather nice (where I am anyway) to thumb her nose at all the house bound lemmings. :hide:

Ted

Looks like it could well be between the Pats and Cowboys. If so I will sure be watching. Our boy, Dak Prescott who quarter backed the Mississippi State Bull Dogs last season, is leading the Cowboys to a fantastic season. Winning the Super Bowl for a NFL rookie quarter back would be a dream come true. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Go Dak. Go Cowboys.

I must have missed this this year when and where is this get to gether?

Back
Top Bottom