Old 01-24-2020, 12:24 PM   #281
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Ahh true. And maybe I can get lucky at the FT Pierce muni marina after the TF gathering and find a slip for March.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:31 PM   #282
Guru

City: Miami River
Vessel Name: Gotcha
Vessel Model: Grand Banks. Heritage. 54
Sometimes a bunch of folding dead presidents work wonders. Don’t know for sure but I think I heard that once.
Bigsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #283
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Also try...

Vero Beach Municipal

Suntex Marina at Vero Beach

Anything else to the north become a longer drive than what you would want for the TF gathering....

But then there is Harbortown in Meritt Island near Canaveral (good for rocket launches)

Titusville City (probably least expensive).

Also one in Cocoa, Eau Gallie, Telemar over in Satellite Beach, one in Melbourne. ....plus a few smaller scattered around.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #284
Veteran Member

City: East Falmouth, MA
Vessel Name: GLORY DAYS
Vessel Model: 2007 MAINSHIP PILOT 43
Has anything been decided regarding the TF get together in Fort Pierce this winter? We're in Jensen beach, by car, (left the boat home this year) but would like to attend.
JoeApicella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:39 AM   #285
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeApicella View Post
Has anything been decided regarding the TF get together in Fort Pierce this winter? We're in Jensen beach, by car, (left the boat home this year) but would like to attend.
Yes, the dates are in this thread and I'm going to ask a moderator to put them in the thread title now that we're close.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #286
Veteran Member

Thanks for the quick reply, but I can't find the dates.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #287
Guru

Originally Posted by Moonstruck
OK guys and gals,

I couldn’t set a date without consulting the Ouiga, and the Ouija says that Feb. 20-23 looks good. So arrive by the 20th and leave on the 23rd. Of course, you are welcome to come early and stay later.

This will be a Thursday thru Sunday. It will include the Saturday Farmer’s market again.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #288
Veteran Member

Thanks. We will be there by car. Is there any one event for everyone to get together?
Old 01-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #289
Guru

Yes Joe, but that event is in March. Sorry I could control myself, I really thought your Post was a spoof.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #290
Guru

And thanks to the moderator who added the date to the thread title. This brings me to remind people of things the moderators are willing to help on and how you can access them. I simply reported my post requesting they do so and noted the request in my report. If you set up a thread yourself and botch the title, you can report your own post and get it corrected. I remember before I turned the task of setting up polls to my wife, I messed up on several set ups and got them deleted upon my report requesting so. We think of the moderators often as just removing inappropriate posts and while they do that, they are helpful to members in many ways. Reporting a post, typically your own post, will get quick attention.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #291
Veteran Member

Any date yet for the get together in March?
Old 01-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #292
Guru

Flotilla to the Bahamas?

Which March get together?

Irv was kidding...he is in the get together mood early where sanity is prohibited.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #293
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
... where sanity is prohibited.
Oh crap! All this time, I thought it was optional!

My apologies to the crazies out there in TF land.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:40 PM   #294
Guru

BandB I can’t see giving the mods any praise, if you ever witnessed some of them downing drinks at the Ft Pierce gathering you would WONDER how they can even tie their shoes.

Speaking of shoes, is Howard going to make it this year?

Scott, did you really expect any sanity in this group? Really? It can’t get here fast enough, got some neat stuff for the raffle.

Also has Don distributed a list of the seminars available this year? Those were some of the highlights, always looking to learn new stuff!
Old 01-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #295
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsfish View Post

Speaking of shoes, is Howard going to make it this year?
!
Wifey B: Sure do miss shoe boy, Oliver, participating here. He's grown up so much since he was active here. One cool dude and you should give him more shoes.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:58 PM   #296
Guru

WifeyB. You don’t understand, we steal shoes.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:45 PM   #297
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Dude, if you are looking to stage before heading to the Chesapeake here are some options in NE Florida. South to North.

Hammock Beach Resort. Good quality docks. A bit more expensive but you get the run of the resort with their free shuttle to then hotel, pools, beach on demand. They were pretty full then last time I spoke to the dock master.

Palm Coast Marina across the way. Older marina, but very functional. Very inexpensive, and nice people. Were were there the week before last for a mid-week cruise. Easy walk to the European Village for eateries. Nice walking and biking trails.

St Augustine Municipal. Refurbished after recent storms. Good marina with great staff. Current rips through there, especially at mid tide, but once you are tied up for the month who cares! Great access to down town and the restaurants and bars etc. We will be there in a couple of weeks for a couple of days.

Conch House and Camachee Cove marinas. Both good quality, but I would say Camanchee over Conch House. A bit of a walk into town though. Both have restaurants on site. Conch House can get a bit noisy - but that's because of the active Tiki Bar!

Further north in Jacksonville Beach you have Plam Cove Marina and Beach Marine across the AICW from each other. We stayed at PCM for 14 years with our last boat. Great people and easy walk to Publix and all other stores and eateries. Good boat yard there though they do not work on diesels. I would recommend PCM over Beach. Though Beach has access to a couple of restaurants.

Would NOT recommend River City Brewing downtown JAX. Not in great condition and the river rips through there.

Overall I would recommend Ortega Landing Marina. Great place, well maintained and protected, with good people. Walk to large mall with stores and restaurants. MTOA hold rendezvous there. Easy Uber to and from JAX airport. It is off the St Johns south of Jacksonville so a couple of hours down the river from the AICW crossing (maybe a bit longer in your boat) but I think still worth your looking at.

Finally, as I posted in another thread, Fernandina City Marina is now back open. That gets you further north for your jump northwards. I have not been there since the rebuild so cannot give any details on where they are at right now.

We have transient spaces at our marina, but we do not allow liveaboards - apart from a couple of nights when you first get here and a couple of nights when you get back and ready to set off. So that probably doesn't work for you.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #298
Guru

menzies

Hope you don’t mind if I steal that info if I’m ever north.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #299
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
Dude, if you are looking to stage before heading to the Chesapeake here are some options in NE Florida. South to North.

Hammock Beach Resort. Good quality docks. A bit more expensive but you get the run of the resort with their free shuttle to then hotel, pools, beach on demand. They were pretty full then last time I spoke to the dock master.

Palm Coast Marina across the way. Older marina, but very functional. Very inexpensive, and nice people. Were were there the week before last for a mid-week cruise. Easy walk to the European Village for eateries. Nice walking and biking trails.

St Augustine Municipal. Refurbished after recent storms. Good marina with great staff. Current rips through there, especially at mid tide, but once you are tied up for the month who cares! Great access to down town and the restaurants and bars etc. We will be there in a couple of weeks for a couple of days.

Conch House and Camachee Cove marinas. Both good quality, but I would say Camanchee over Conch House. A bit of a walk into town though. Both have restaurants on site. Conch House can get a bit noisy - but that's because of the active Tiki Bar!

Further north in Jacksonville Beach you have Plam Cove Marina and Beach Marine across the AICW from each other. We stayed at PCM for 14 years with our last boat. Great people and easy walk to Publix and all other stores and eateries. Good boat yard there though they do not work on diesels. I would recommend PCM over Beach. Though Beach has access to a couple of restaurants.

Would NOT recommend River City Brewing downtown JAX. Not in great condition and the river rips through there.

Overall I would recommend Ortega Landing Marina. Great place, well maintained and protected, with good people. Walk to large mall with stores and restaurants. MTOA hold rendezvous there. Easy Uber to and from JAX airport. It is off the St Johns south of Jacksonville so a couple of hours down the river from the AICW crossing (maybe a bit longer in your boat) but I think still worth your looking at.

Finally, as I posted in another thread, Fernandina City Marina is now back open. That gets you further north for your jump northwards. I have not been there since the rebuild so cannot give any details on where they are at right now.

We have transient spaces at our marina, but we do not allow liveaboards - apart from a couple of nights when you first get here and a couple of nights when you get back and ready to set off. So that probably doesn't work for you.

Excellent. Thanks for all that info!
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:12 PM   #300

City: Guntersville, Al
Vessel Name: StarLite
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II - 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
I like it!
Olebird is offline   Reply With Quote