TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020...2/20-2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Al, Courage is more of a reader than a poster. He came to the gathering in 2018 with his partner and his very nice 42 Krogen (Courage).

He is coming with another couple, so total 3 people.

Ted

Thanks for the reminder, Ted. Now I remember Richard and Courage, the KK42 at the dock.

Dick I got you down for 3 .

Don’t worry the fact that you know Ted won’t be held against you for long.

Perhaps we will meet again at the same anchorage by the bridge again before arriving at the marina. We can watch Ted circle us and move on. :)

I’m thinking my boat repair will be finished by the end of January. The boat is at Britt Point marina in Stuart, but it is very basic and has no facilities at all, so was thinking about getting a slip for a month or so at the Ft Pierce municipal marina. I called Ann and she said they are completely full however. Also called Sunset Bay in Stuart and they are full.

Any other marina recommendations around Stuart or Ft Pierce? Just need a place for a month or so until it warms up enough for us to try to head north towards the Cheasapeak, or wherever we end up. I don’t think we will be aboard the entire time so don’t want to leave it at a mooring.

TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020

Thanks.

Causeway Cove said they are full. Also Harbortown is full.

I’m at a work yard type marina now with gross bathrooms in Stuart, and was trying to find something a little nicer for my wife.

What about north of Ft Pierce, or up closer to Orlando, which is an easy place for me to fly in to? I’ve never been past Ft Pierce so don’t know anything about that area.

At Augustine has a municipal marina right downtown, it use to be great a few years ago.

83762452_10219077634986309_6771561325681180672_n.jpg

So Senor RT, in your valued opinion can we assume by drinking high alcohol content booze will kill those weaker cells faster and we will become smarter and more courageous? Also do the women become better looking? Inquiring minds...

At Augustine has a municipal marina right downtown, it use to be great a few years ago.

Ok thanks. Left a message with them. One guy said they could get me in for two weeks, but I’m trying to get a monthly rate and they had to call me back on that for some reason.

Once your there it may make it easier to extend your stay as others cancel.

Good luck.

Ahh true. And maybe I can get lucky at the FT Pierce muni marina after the TF gathering and find a slip for March.

Sometimes a bunch of folding dead presidents work wonders. Don’t know for sure but I think I heard that once. :)

Also try...

Vero Beach Municipal

Suntex Marina at Vero Beach

Anything else to the north become a longer drive than what you would want for the TF gathering....

But then there is Harbortown in Meritt Island near Canaveral (good for rocket launches)

Titusville City (probably least expensive).

Also one in Cocoa, Eau Gallie, Telemar over in Satellite Beach, one in Melbourne. ....plus a few smaller scattered around.

Has anything been decided regarding the TF get together in Fort Pierce this winter? We're in Jensen beach, by car, (left the boat home this year) but would like to attend.

Has anything been decided regarding the TF get together in Fort Pierce this winter? We're in Jensen beach, by car, (left the boat home this year) but would like to attend.

Yes, the dates are in this thread and I'm going to ask a moderator to put them in the thread title now that we're close.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I can't find the dates.

Originally Posted by Moonstruck
OK guys and gals,

I couldn’t set a date without consulting the Ouiga, and the Ouija says that Feb. 20-23 looks good. So arrive by the 20th and leave on the 23rd. Of course, you are welcome to come early and stay later.

This will be a Thursday thru Sunday. It will include the Saturday Farmer’s market again.

Thanks. We will be there by car. Is there any one event for everyone to get together?

Yes Joe, but that event is in March. Sorry I could control myself, I really thought your Post was a spoof.

And thanks to the moderator who added the date to the thread title. This brings me to remind people of things the moderators are willing to help on and how you can access them. I simply reported my post requesting they do so and noted the request in my report. If you set up a thread yourself and botch the title, you can report your own post and get it corrected. I remember before I turned the task of setting up polls to my wife, I messed up on several set ups and got them deleted upon my report requesting so. We think of the moderators often as just removing inappropriate posts and while they do that, they are helpful to members in many ways. Reporting a post, typically your own post, will get quick attention.

Any date yet for the get together in March?

Flotilla to the Bahamas?

Which March get together?

Irv was kidding...he is in the get together mood early where sanity is prohibited.

BandB I can’t see giving the mods any praise, if you ever witnessed some of them downing drinks at the Ft Pierce gathering you would WONDER how they can even tie their shoes.

Speaking of shoes, is Howard going to make it this year?

Scott, did you really expect any sanity in this group? Really? It can’t get here fast enough, got some neat stuff for the raffle.

Also has Don distributed a list of the seminars available this year? Those were some of the highlights, always looking to learn new stuff!

Speaking of shoes, is Howard going to make it this year?
!

Wifey B: Sure do miss shoe boy, Oliver, participating here. He's grown up so much since he was active here. One cool dude and you should give him more shoes. :rofl::rofl:

WifeyB. You don’t understand, we steal shoes. :)

Dude, if you are looking to stage before heading to the Chesapeake here are some options in NE Florida. South to North.

Hammock Beach Resort. Good quality docks. A bit more expensive but you get the run of the resort with their free shuttle to then hotel, pools, beach on demand. They were pretty full then last time I spoke to the dock master.

Palm Coast Marina across the way. Older marina, but very functional. Very inexpensive, and nice people. Were were there the week before last for a mid-week cruise. Easy walk to the European Village for eateries. Nice walking and biking trails.

St Augustine Municipal. Refurbished after recent storms. Good marina with great staff. Current rips through there, especially at mid tide, but once you are tied up for the month who cares! Great access to down town and the restaurants and bars etc. We will be there in a couple of weeks for a couple of days.

Conch House and Camachee Cove marinas. Both good quality, but I would say Camanchee over Conch House. A bit of a walk into town though. Both have restaurants on site. Conch House can get a bit noisy - but that's because of the active Tiki Bar!

Further north in Jacksonville Beach you have Plam Cove Marina and Beach Marine across the AICW from each other. We stayed at PCM for 14 years with our last boat. Great people and easy walk to Publix and all other stores and eateries. Good boat yard there though they do not work on diesels. I would recommend PCM over Beach. Though Beach has access to a couple of restaurants.

Would NOT recommend River City Brewing downtown JAX. Not in great condition and the river rips through there.

Overall I would recommend Ortega Landing Marina. Great place, well maintained and protected, with good people. Walk to large mall with stores and restaurants. MTOA hold rendezvous there. Easy Uber to and from JAX airport. It is off the St Johns south of Jacksonville so a couple of hours down the river from the AICW crossing (maybe a bit longer in your boat) but I think still worth your looking at.

Finally, as I posted in another thread, Fernandina City Marina is now back open. That gets you further north for your jump northwards. I have not been there since the rebuild so cannot give any details on where they are at right now.

We have transient spaces at our marina, but we do not allow liveaboards - apart from a couple of nights when you first get here and a couple of nights when you get back and ready to set off. So that probably doesn't work for you.

Last edited:
menzies

Hope you don’t mind if I steal that info if I’m ever north.

Thanks

Dude, if you are looking to stage before heading to the Chesapeake here are some options in NE Florida. South to North.

Hammock Beach Resort. Good quality docks. A bit more expensive but you get the run of the resort with their free shuttle to then hotel, pools, beach on demand. They were pretty full then last time I spoke to the dock master.

Palm Coast Marina across the way. Older marina, but very functional. Very inexpensive, and nice people. Were were there the week before last for a mid-week cruise. Easy walk to the European Village for eateries. Nice walking and biking trails.

St Augustine Municipal. Refurbished after recent storms. Good marina with great staff. Current rips through there, especially at mid tide, but once you are tied up for the month who cares! Great access to down town and the restaurants and bars etc. We will be there in a couple of weeks for a couple of days.

Conch House and Camachee Cove marinas. Both good quality, but I would say Camanchee over Conch House. A bit of a walk into town though. Both have restaurants on site. Conch House can get a bit noisy - but that's because of the active Tiki Bar!

Further north in Jacksonville Beach you have Plam Cove Marina and Beach Marine across the AICW from each other. We stayed at PCM for 14 years with our last boat. Great people and easy walk to Publix and all other stores and eateries. Good boat yard there though they do not work on diesels. I would recommend PCM over Beach. Though Beach has access to a couple of restaurants.

Would NOT recommend River City Brewing downtown JAX. Not in great condition and the river rips through there.

Overall I would recommend Ortega Landing Marina. Great place, well maintained and protected, with good people. Walk to large mall with stores and restaurants. MTOA hold rendezvous there. Easy Uber to and from JAX airport. It is off the St Johns south of Jacksonville so a couple of hours down the river from the AICW crossing (maybe a bit longer in your boat) but I think still worth your looking at.

Finally, as I posted in another thread, Fernandina City Marina is now back open. That gets you further north for your jump northwards. I have not been there since the rebuild so cannot give any details on where they are at right now.

We have transient spaces at our marina, but we do not allow liveaboards - apart from a couple of nights when you first get here and a couple of nights when you get back and ready to set off. So that probably doesn't work for you.

Excellent. Thanks for all that info!

Back
Top Bottom