TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed that your vessel looked pretty good from a 1/4 mile. Thanks but I’ll find Ted’s guy.

Good, I am trying to get it down to a 1/16 of a mile...but may have to go to Baja California to find decent painting weather.

It’s perfect in south Florida, my varnish guy is doing my cap rail now. No it won’t look like Very Slow Hand but it will be good enough for me.

Wifey B: When does an official count down start? Seems like it's time. :D

Count down, what for WifeyB. I will need a count so we can plan the dinner Saturday evening but not until the date gets closer as I know some of these guys can change their mind like teenage girls. :)

I'll be driving down for Saturday only. Probably not the optimum day but it's what my work-a-day life will allow. I would like to meet up with some of the forum regulars.

GMB

Great, Saturday dinner and cocktails are on the Gotcha (start time 1600 - 1700 until ....) and I’m sure there will be an excursion or two during the day.

Wifey B: When does an official count down start? Seems like it's time. :D

Not that I would ever stir the pot, :rolleyes:

But there are about 32 days till "Shine Time". Irv, I hope you and Don have crew employed and deployed for this important cause, and aren't going to embarrass the rest of us. ;)

Ted

Do you seriously think we think like that?

Wifey B: Based on prior years as the date approached, absolutely I do. Plus I've been doing a lot of work the past couple of weeks on schools and kids and seems well aligned. Hope none of us ever grow up and hope you guys always get excited over your gathering. :D

I can wholeheartily embrace the not growing up part....getting excited or looking forward to is close enough. Kid like might be a stretch.

Counting down the days? Well, hopefully there's enough fun stuff in life every day to not resort to that.

Dear Mr Ted

Shine time? WTF. It’s only shine time for Very Slow Hand and while I would never purposely embarrass any of our group I will never even try to emulate the standard you set. However I’m going to make money this year by renting a welders helmet for $1.00 to forum members that want to view your bilge and not go blind. Seriously!

I am truly going to miss all of you at the Gathering. I hope you have a great time, as you always do.

David

David

How will Ted make the trip without his crew including cook?

Sorry you can’t make it, next year.

Sounds like fun good folks, cool boats , great groceries, nice sunny weather and plenty of good rum. Y’all don’t get too tore down.

Mr PM

Very true. Really good people who love boats getting together to celebrate our loves with no ulterior motives. Plenty of rum might be questionable with Baker and Wendy, the Flor de Cana seemed to disappear last year so more bottles will be brought this year. I’m not sure how many will show up for Saturday dinner but I guess I’ll find out later.

One thing I’ll bet is it will be fun and friendships will grow. And JT May show up. :)

GMB

Great, Saturday dinner and cocktails are on the Gotcha (start time 1600 - 1700 until ....) and I’m sure there will be an excursion or two during the day.
thanks looking forward to it. I sent a PM

upper left click User CP. then down left for messages

Hi GMB

I got it but not sure I replied to it but I did try. Great, I speak for all we are happy to have you and your lady. It will be fun.

Can I get somebody with ‘puter skills to request a count of how many Watfa needs to cook for Saturday evening. I wish I knew how to do it. Thanks.

Hi David! Hi to Maria, too!

Where are you two this year? Cruising the USofA?

Hi Al. We are staying close to home. I am sad to say that, with everything happening in the US right now, it is not our destination of choice. Which is very sad, considering how many good friends (like the TF gang) we have down there. I don't want this to turn into a political flame war, so I will just leave it at that.

Love and best wishes to all.

David & Maria

Hi David. You and Maria wouldn’t have any problem if you bring your passport. How can you stay north in the cold instead of beautiful warm Ft Pierce?

We will miss you guys.

This was the meal last year with the two cooks before they consumed a large amount of wine. This year promises to be better if that’s possible.

Last edited:
We plan to drive over from Ft Meyers.
Are there any days better than others to try and meet as many as possible?

Sat evening is the meal Watfa is planning to cook for the group on Gotcha with booze and free gifts and the same night last year had the most people (29 IIRC). It’s always a great party with lies and other exchanges. If you decide to come that night please go to the thread for those coming for dinner and let us know how many will be in your party so Watfa can plan the food.

The other nights are kind of unplanned except for drinks and snacks on various boats. It’s fun and everyone has a good time.

Thanks

Thanks Al. My computer skills are only exceeded by my good looks. :D

Friday night will be pizza and beer night on Moonstruck. Provided it isn't raining. It will be a 'byoc' event (bring you own chair). If it's raining we'll just walk up to Cobb's Landing restaurant or the Tiki Bar.

Moonstruck's slip is B dock slip 46.

To put it all together for you, here is the schedule for evenings.

Thursday, Feb 21 Welcoming cocktail party on HOBO, KK 42. Then walk to a restaurant for dinner.

Friday, Feb 22 Pizza and beer on MOONSTRUCK, Sabre 42

Saturday, Feb 23 The Soiree on GOTCHA Big ass Grand Banks

The days will be flexible. If anyone needs a ride, I will have my truck which will seat 5.

The Navy Seal Museum is worth a visit

The Saturday Farmers Market and Jazz Society Market are worth doing.

The Marine Connection, marine salvage place is worth a visit.

For those that may be there on a Tuesday night, at 7 pm there is usually a jazz band performing at the Black Box Theater, a cozy venue inside the Sun Rise Theater.

There is also a museum and Manatee Center adjoining the marina property on Indian River Drive.

For those looking for coffee and a bakery there is Importicos Bakery at the corner of Orange Avenue and Indian River Drive. Just a block down from the marina.

If you are looking for a breakfast place the Captain's Table at the corner of Indian River Drive and Seaway Drive is your best bet. About a 4 or 5 block walk.

Last edited:
For those driving please send me a private message. I will send you the gate code you will need. Also, there are public restrooms by the marina dock masters office. There is a better public restroom by the library at Indian River Drive and Orange Ave.

For those coming by boat the marina will provide the information on check in.

Greetings all,

I'm going to try to make it Friday afternoon thru Sun morning. If any single guys or gals) would put up with me for a place to stay a few nights, I'd be glad to bring beer and contribute to the slip fees.

PM me or email Seevee7@gmail.com

Larry Olson
aka Seevee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom