TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know nothing of which you speak!!! I was proud of my "dead soldier" when Irv brought in the reinforcements!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 63
I know nothing of which you speak!!! I was proud of my "dead soldier" when Irv brought in the reinforcements!!!!
Woah man that’s some good stuff .I have two that I TRY to keep around . One is a payday rum the other is between paydays .

Attachments

• 83628AE8-CC2F-4E32-9B0D-AA8EC74C0386.jpg
    83628AE8-CC2F-4E32-9B0D-AA8EC74C0386.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 368C2037-E128-47D5-BC80-63702F57F3C2.jpg
    368C2037-E128-47D5-BC80-63702F57F3C2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 65
Baker. We will be sure to have more soldiers this year for you to send into battle.

OK, Guys and Gals, the Fort Pierce City Marina has reported only 5 confirmed reservations for the TF group.

They are,

Larry and Lena
Irv and Watfa
Scott and Marjorie
Ted
McGillicuddy

It's near Dec. 1st, and time to get serious about reserving a slip. The Marina has promised to try to keep us all together. Feb. is a very busy time for them, so get your reservation in. When making a reservation be sure to tell them you are with the Trawler Forum group. If anyone has made a reservation without letting them know that call the marina and let them know.

Don:

I would be interested in coming, without a boat, but everything I have seen so far on this thread has been winks, nods and smiles from prior participants- no details whatsoever about activities and timing.

How about posting a rudimentary schedule of activities, so I and maybe others can see how to work this into a land based attendance.

David

Greetings,
Mr. dj. I have not yet attended the "February Frolics" and like you I have only been able to guess what the wink-wink, nudge-nudge references are BUT I somewhat suspect them, not to dissuade you in ANY form, to be something like...

200.gif

Usually followed by...

200w.gif

Just in case: https://ricksbailbondsfl.com/

RTF:

If I go, I will be sure to keep Rick's phone number handy :).

David

It is not a Trawler fest.

It is like a marina weekend of doing tourist activities (or whatever you want with whomever you want) during the day and in the evening, get together for happy hours plus meals in and out.

The agenda is flexible and can be changed by good suggestions or lack of interest.

It is mainly about other trawler forum members plus their boats and getting to know them a bit

It's like participating in the burgee frenzy for many, once in, you are generally interested in participating.... :)

Last edited:
Scott is correct once again. There is no formal schedule of events, you don’t have to purchase tickets for any events and there are no refunds. We usually get together for drinks every evening and have dinner as a group whether it be appetizers, pizza or other. I know Watfa is planning a rather large meal on our boat, she loves to cook for large groups and it’s good too. During the day there have been trips to various venues like the SEAL museum and Marine Liquidators. You don’t have to go on any of those trips but you might have to answer questions later.

It’s fun with no real structure where everyone has a good time and fun and many stories to relate later.

Thanks Don for all your hard work herding the cats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I understand that there is no schedule of events and no formal activities other than happy hour drinks together and going out to dinner together. So please remind me (there was a lot of to and fro about this) what are the dates?

And who is Watfa?

David

Ok, I understand that there is no schedule of events and no formal activities other than happy hour drinks together and going out to dinner together. So please remind me (there was a lot of to and fro about this) what are the dates?

And who is Watfa?

David
Watfa is Irv's wife.

Dates look to be February 21-24th. Some of us are coming earlier and leaving 25th.

Ted

And who is Watfa?

David

David, Watfa is a lovely person and Irv's wife. She is also a very good chef. You will get to know everyone very well. Please come over. I hope Baker and Wendy can work his schedule out to attend. Also hope that Al and Meg can make it over.

Many of the guys like to take a trip up to Marine Connection Liquidators.
Marine Connection Liquidators
Several also like to go over to the Navy Seal Museum. It is a somewhat moving experience. They have the life boat from the Maerst Alabama where two Seal snipers shot the windows out. It is very well done. Fort Pierce was the original training base for the UDT or Frogmen as we use to call them.

Since it is held over a weekend this time, there ia a great Farmers' Market with live music in the park beside the Marina. That Lou didn't get to attend last year because of a heart problem. She tried but barely made it back to the boat.

Oh yeah, David, bring your wife. I think she would enjoy it. We are a very welcoming group.

Don, are you saying that Baker might not come. I’ll see if I can cancel my large order of Flor de Cana and Carmelitas, I’ll probably loose the deposit. :banghead:

Oh guys, this is bad again:facepalm: I organize an annual hiking trip for a bunch of guys from our church (and a few heathens this yr:thumb:), and it's that weekend. We rent a house near Smoky Mtn Nat Park and do day hikes in the mountains, and come back and cook steaks, drink and tell lies, and sleep on a mattress (unlike my John Muir Trail hike). We started this about 8 yrs ago with 4 of us. This year we have 14 and have rented a 12 bdrm lodge just outside the park. One of our faithful group, a beloved Pediatrician, has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers (he is 60). He is coming with us and two of us will be with him 24/7. He has been on several of my serious hikes over the years - difficult to watch, but we will be there with him. Raise a glass of good rum for him, and have fun:thumb:

Don, are you saying that Baker might not come. I’ll see if I can cancel my large order of Flor de Cana and Carmelitas, I’ll probably loose the deposit. :banghead:

Irv, we changed the dates to over a weekend to accommodate Baker and Wendy. He has been talking like he is coming, but I haven't seen him say positively. If he did I missed it. If I know anything about Baker he would seldom miss a party.

Speaking of schedules, how's your schedule looking, Capt. Jack?

Oh guys, this is bad again:facepalm: I organize an annual hiking trip for a bunch of guys from our church (and a few heathens this yr:thumb:), and it's that weekend. We rent a house near Smoky Mtn Nat Park and do day hikes in the mountains, and come back and cook steaks, drink and tell lies, and sleep on a mattress (unlike my John Muir Trail hike). We started this about 8 yrs ago with 4 of us. This year we have 14 and have rented a 12 bdrm lodge just outside the park. One of our faithful group, a beloved Pediatrician, has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers (he is 60). He is coming with us and two of us will be with him 24/7. He has been on several of my serious hikes over the years - difficult to watch, but we will be there with him. Raise a glass of good rum for him, and have fun:thumb:

Sorry that we will miss you. Kudos for taking care of your friend. 60 is too young to be facing something like that. He may soon forget it, but you guys won't.

Last September I took my friend since college down to my boat in Fort Pierce. He could no longer drive because he was having difficulties. In November while at a Mississippi State football game I got a call from his son that he had passed away. What a bummer. He was a guy I thought would live forever. So, I say show them love while you can.

By the way, here's a link to the website of the Navy Seal Museum. I've been several times, and usually find something new to me each time.

https://www.navysealmuseum.org/

Wifey B: A lot of other great things in the area you guys should try to see more of. The St. Lucie County Aquarium and Smithsonian Marine Ecosystems Exhibit is an incredible tour of something like six different marine habitats. The County Historical Museum is small but interesting. For the flower people the Heathcote Botanical Gardens. Hubby's allergies make that off limits to him. There's the Manatee center, the Backus Gallery, and FAU's Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute. Last year, Hopcar ran up to Canaveral for a launch I think. All sorts of nice wildlife preserves and some small art galleries. :)

Kennedy Space Center is worth the drive. Four of us piled in a car and made a day of it.

Always worth a visit. Go for a launch if you can.

Greetings,
Mr. W. "Go for a launch if you can." Aren't there any restaurants or diners closer to the venue?

200w.gif

Last edited:
If Baker doesn’t grow a pair and cancels out I propose we charter a jet and head west to kidnap the weasel and bring him back in a body bag. Damn, we change the date for him and now expects special favors. Wendy??

It’s always a good time with good food, drink and even prizes at the “gathering “.

Hi all. I saw that our names were not on the list from Ft Pierce marina, and called them today to confirm.
They have us reserved, and with the Trawler Forum group. Oddly, they said that they had 4 reservations including ours, but they gave me both personal names and boat names, and except for Slow Hand, I do not remember them.
Lookingforward to meeting all of you in person, John and Priscilla Sage
La Vita Dolce, Cheoy Lee 40 LRC

JohnS. Rub it in! Yes we are all forgettable except for Ted and his shining Slow Hand, wherever he goes they never forget the shine reflected off Slow Hand. ��

RT, there are two restaurants on the marina premises and 6 more within walking distance. Plus there is a bakery/coffee shop a half block away..

Last edited:
On the weekend they have an outdoor market (either Saturday or Sunday). Lots of vendors selling food ready to eat and other food goods plus t-shirts, ect.

Hi all. I saw that our names were not on the list from Ft Pierce marina, and called them today to confirm.
They have us reserved, and with the Trawler Forum group. Oddly, they said that they had 4 reservations including ours, but they gave me both personal names and boat names, and except for Slow Hand, I do not remember them.
Lookingforward to meeting all of you in person, John and Priscilla Sage
La Vita Dolce, Cheoy Lee 40 LRC

Glad to have you with us. Every time I call the marina they give me a different number too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom