TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This gathering was such fun and the food was amazing. Thanks to Wafta, Lena, and the guys who made this all possible. Although my shoes disappeared I have several interesting tools from Irv’s engine room. I’m so happy to know all of you. Jackie and I are looking forward to next year already.

If any TF’ers are passing through Stuart look for Magic at Sunset Bay Marina and pay a visit.

Howard your shoes were offered to the highest bidder on the docks, however after an examination with the nose all passed. It was a pleasure to see you again this year and please come next year too. Thanks again for the deserts and thanks for all those who brought deserts unfortunately most of us were so well lubed we didn’t get to them.

Stella is picking up anchor soon and will wave to you as we head south past Fort Pierce Marina.

I looked for you in the anchorage, but you were gone! Safe travels.

That was a fun weekend. Thanks to all the organizers and hosts, Ted and his mobile beer cooler, and Watfa for a great meal. It was great to meet all of you. And thanks again Don for delivering my burgee.

Wifey B: You guys should set up an event planning operation. Boating get togethers at the marina of your choice. You've really got the science down and so many happy attendees. :dance:

Almost made Ft. Lauderdale in the ditch today, the fun this weekend offsets the pain of the ditch.

WifeyB. No way, working I gave up on years ago now I’m unemployed and happy, now you want us (me) to help Don and Larry put on get together at marinas. Nonono

Any idea if there will be a TF Rendezvous in 2020? Dates? Is April a possibility?

Hi Al

I sure hope we have it every year as I have always had fun with all the guys that we only see for the gathering, besides we have already bought a bunch of door prizes (boat prizes). Watfa has her meal planned for 30 reprobates (all male as the ladies are nice). It’s such a fun time.

As far as the date, that’s really up to Don and Larry as they are the major domos but in the past it has been the weekend prior or after the Miami Boat Show. Of course that is not set in stone but seems to work as some boats

It’s great to have those with similar hobbies get together to discuss boats and cruising.

Tied into the Bahamas flotilla voyage thread, it may be worth a shot at looking at a different time frame.

Last edited:
We loved meeting everyone, and are looking forward to the 2020 Rendezvous. We would likely be in Florida and nearby waters November through the end of April. We are collecting door prize stuff as well.
Thanks for the contribution of the 110v sump pump. We used it the next week to pump out and clean / recondition our fresh water tanks, 600 gals of them.
Have a great year. Hope to see you all on the water.
We are now at Brunswick GA, getting our generator controls looked at.
JohnS, La Vita Dolce

Don and Larry.

A couple of us were trying to plan out our trips and the Miami Boat Show is Feb 12-16, so we thought it might be time to plan the Ft. Pierce outing as that is the highlight of our boating years and I know we need to make reservations early.

So you guys need to set the dates and make whatever the marina needs. I know it is thankless but we all appreciate your efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don and Larry.

A couple of us were trying to plan out our trips and the Miami Boat Show is Feb 12-16, so we thought it might be time to plan the Ft. Pierce outing as that is the highlight of out boating years and I know we need to make reservations early.

So you guys need to set the dates and make whatever the marina needs. I know it is thankless but we all appreciate your efforts.

It probably would be helpful if you put this on the 2020 Rendezvous thread. This one has already happened. :flowers:

Ted

I'm interested in this event timing, also.

If we wait too long, I'll need to bum a bunk.

Irv, got an opening for galley crew? I do dishes.

2022 or 2023, we just might make it then! Sounds like a hoot!

Ted and Al

Somebody with computer skills will need to change to a new thread, I can only turn on my iPhone.

Hope you make it this year Al, it wasn’t the same without you. Jack (Steve) made up some lame excuse when he found out you guys weren’t going to be sharing 1960s quarters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom