TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you have a slow boat, you learn to start early.

Going to miss you Al, hope Scott and Larry are prepared to pick up the slack.

I have confidence in Scott but Larry has adult supervision. I know that would impede my load carrying capability. :hide:

Ted is always willing to pitch in when needed. Just watch out for the warm ones from his cooler. :facepalm: :D

Last edited:
Al. You could still make it because you have a fast airplane. :)

Great! Now I am sitting in the boat cabin up here in Annapolis contemplating that last Double D IPA in the fridge now. Beer run doesn't make too much sense since heading home and on to Florida for the gathering soon but then why does it have to make sense.

Has anyone seen Jeff on MAZURKA, he is from Canada, traveling along the rivers of the US. Came through Louisiana during Christmas and left after the new year heading to the TF Gathering in Florida with a few stops in-between. One stop was a week long bicycling trip in Gainesville. Jeff has not posted on his blog for over a week. Just checking to see if all is well.

Milton. Easy. Do the Double D, make a beer run, fill vehicle with Double Ds and head down to Ft Pierce. Ted will help you out with any extra Double Ds.

Wife and I are coming, but not sure when, will drive over. Maybe Saturday late or Sunday morning.

Wife and I are coming, but not sure when, will drive over. Maybe Saturday late or Sunday morning.

Think Sunday is a departure day for many. I would recommend being their by midday on Saturday. Saturday night is the big dinner on Gotcha.

Ted

Had a conflict come up that I can't get around and won't be able to make it this year. Hopefully next year.

Have a great time!

Underway, making way. Fort Pierce in 54 hours. :dance:

Ted

We are planning to cross Lake O tomorrow and head to Ft Pierce for Thursday or Friday. Intend to anchor and visit if possible. We are relatively new to TF and would like to meet trawler cruisers and ask about visiting the Bahamas.

As we are late, we do not plan on intruding on pre-planned events and assume it’s OK to pop in.

Thanks.

Last edited:
We are planning to cross Lake O tomorrow and head to Ft Pierce for Thursday or Friday. Intend to anchor and visit if possible. We are relatively new to TF and would like to meet trawler cruisers and ask about visiting the Bahamas.

As we are late, we do not plan on intruding on pre-planned events and assume it’s OK to pop in.

Thanks.

Please stop by and introduce yourself(s). You’re more than welcome. :thumb:

Thanks.

You are welcome to pop in and stay as long as you like. There is a price of admission, and in your case the admission will be a tour of your Seaton 56.

There will also be knowledge of the Bahamas to be shared.

Well....Wendy had an issue come up at work and me as well although not as bad as her. We are stuck here until Friday and considered making the push anyway. But that is a lot of work for basically one night. So VERY regretfully, we aren't likely to make it unless something changes. Send our regards....sadly....:mad::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Baker

That is total BS. You better show up to drink the Flor de Cana or my boat might not make it back with all the booze, too much weight that you and Wendy need to drink to lighten our load. Besides Jack (Steve) want to know how you guys do this year.

We are all expecting you.

John/Wendy: Bummer. I went ahead and reserved a couple of jet skis for you two. I won’t cancel till Saturday just in case. :)

La Vita Dolce, with John and Priscilla Sage, is on I dock, # 195, right next to Ted in Slow Hand. Had I known this is where I would be, I would have found another 30 hours last week to clean and polish her up.
We launched yesterday at Indiantown, and ran up here today, so, of course, things are misbehaving for us. We will make do, and see everyone tomorrow or Friday.
If you want to drop by, we have some bad beer, some older rums and whiskies, some gin, some wine, and a few mixers. Be welcome.
John and Priscilla Sage, La Vita Dolce, i 195

Last edited by a moderator:
La Vita Dolce, with John and Priscilla Sage, is on I dock, # 195, right next to Ted in Slow Hand. Had I known this is where I would be, I would have found another 30 hours last week to clean and polish her up.
We launched yesterday at Indiantown, and ran up here today, so, of course, things are misbehaving for us. We will make do, and see everyone tomorrow or Friday.
If you want to drop by, we have some bad beer, some older rums and whiskies, some gin, some wine, and a few mixers. Be welcome.
John and Priscilla Sage, La Vita Dolce, i 195

Yeah, John, the dock master had instructions to put Ted back in the corner beside a sea wall. Instead he is out where Slow Hand can be seen in all its glory. What a bummer! The only advice I can give you is to not go outside your boat without sunglasses that block both A and B ultra violet rays. You will risk cataracts if you do.

Welcome to the gathering.

We will use the gathering page for communications in Fort Pierce.

First order of business. The welcoming cocktail party will be on HOBO this evening starting at 5:00 pm. Afterwards walk over to Tillman's Barbecue Restaurant. HOBO is located on L dock, at the end of the first finger pier to the right. KK42.

Pizza and beer night on MOONSTRUCK will be Friday evening starting at 5:30 pm. MOONSTRUCK is located on B dock, Slip 46. BYOC (bring you own chair) unless you want to stand. I will have a chair for Irv.

The soiree on GOTCHA Irv and Watfas' big ass Grand Banks time to be announced. GOTCHA is located on C dock, first boat on left.

Those events are the only ones with a hard schedule.

Now, for those wanting to schecule a trip to the Marine Connection or the NAVY SEAL MUSEUM please post it here. I will try to work out a time to take you over.

Last edited:
Also, if anyone needs to make a run to the grocery store, let me know. There is a Publix Market down on US 1 South.

Hi Don

Great to be here again and a big thanks to you and Larry for putting it together, I’m sorry we couldn’t get the boats closer together so Watfa can use Lena’s oven. Thanks for the chair, a Stidd would be nice. :). Watfa is slightly insulted that you said she has a big ass but she’ll get over after a ride to Publix.

Watfa says cocktails at 1700 and she has sippy cups. Come hungry as she has a special meal planned on Saturday with the raffle after even the new club burgee will be on the table. Good luck to all.

We will certainly miss some regulars like Jack (Steve not so much), Baker, Al, ect but we will survive.

Thanks again Don.

See you Saturday afternoon

Just spotted a Camano heading north on the intercoastal in Palm Beach Gardens but I wasn't on it! Will limit myself to one order of deepwater shrimp at Getting Crabby in Port Salerno when they open at 1:30.:blush:. Will head to marina after that and see if I can spot some of you.

Don

Watfa says she be would be greatful for a trip to Publix tomorrow. Thanks.

Dock C 84

Last edited:
Irv,

Tell Watfa I will be happy to do it.

Will you be needing a ride over to Hobo this evening.

I already have you on my schedule for later when we go to Tillman's.

Hi All,
Hope it's not to late but Jackie and I will be driving up on Saturday. Where, when, and what can we bring? See Ya.

Thank you Hobo for a great pre dinner social! IMG_20190221_180356.jpegIMG_20190221_180402.jpegIMG_20190221_180424.jpeg

Dinner at the BBQ joint!IMG_20190221_194216.jpegIMG_20190221_194233.jpeg

The welcome cocktail party on HOBO was a resounding success. Larry and Lena really pulled out the stops. It was a beautiful spread. We adjourned to walk to Tillman's Barbecue for dinner. We topped the evening off by watching a rocket launch under beautiful clear skies. We could even see the first stage flame out and drop off. Then the second stage lighting was clearly visible.

I am happy to report no casualties. All this and this wild bunch of septuagenarians (or aspiring to be) were safely tucked into their beds by 9:00 pm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom