TF Gathering in SE Florida 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jack (Steve)

So if I want to please Jack it’s high Test and if I want to impress Steve just bring any Bud (maybe a rose Bud). ��

If we host the party Saturday night we may need some help with ice as the new ice maker is not as fast as the old one.

Gotcha covered. Slow Hand has a standalone ice maker. Will load test it upon my return to FL. Now all I have to do is get docked next to you so the ice doesn't melt during delivery. :rolleyes:

Ted

We will bring Bud,ice, tazers or anything else you think will be required or desired. You and Watfa Have to relax and enjoy!

Are the dates still 2/20-2/23 ?

Trying to coordinate with my wife. She has a trip already scheduled that might conflict, so I could be solo.

Also, if I make it I won’t bring the boat. It’s not that far away over on Longboat Key, but I’m still in Texas and I don’t seem to have the time to cruise it there and back right now, sadly. Or I’m just lazy.

For those not bringing boats, where’s the place to stay?

Thanks Ted. The old boat had a great ice maker that could keep up, this one has an expensive (wet) ice maker that doesn’t impress me. The floating docks we were at last year were nice, I think they put us there to be away from the Fine sophisticated boaters. LOL. Funny Slow Hand has an ice maker, I’ve only seen you with a beer.

Jack (Steve). Watfa will never slow down until she passes out from wine. OTOH I’m always is slow mode.

If you follow the Major Domo’s schedule the party Friday will be on my boat near Ted’s.. His boat is easy to find, it glows and shimmers 24-7. LMAO

See everyone there.

Thanks Ted. The old boat had a great ice maker that could keep up, this one has an expensive (wet) ice maker that doesn’t impress me. The floating docks we were at last year were nice, I think they put us there to be away from the Fine sophisticated boaters. LOL. Funny Slow Hand has an ice maker, I’ve only seen you with a beer.

This may be too much information.

Wet ice or what is referred to in the industry as drink ice, is nowhere near as cold as ice from your freezer. It generally is produced faster at a lower electrical cost and is designed for a short drink life (think soft drinks at a fast food restaurant). Most of these units only have refrigeration in the ice production. The insulated bin keeps the ice cool, but by design, the ice melts and there is a drain in the bottom of the bin. This process insures that older ice on the bottom goes away and the newest ice is what you come in contact with first.

The mixed drink master knows that to lower room temperature liquors to the proper consumption temperature without diluting them with melted ice, it takes much colder ice. This kind of ice is produced in a freezer between 0 and 10 degrees F. While the cubes are usually warmer when produced, the freezer pulls their temperature down in a few hours. By contrast drink ice warms during storage.

You might find it strange that with the exception of beer, I prefer most beverages at room temperature or warmer. I only use the ice maker when expecting company.

Ted

I'm hoping to take a Thursday or Friday day trip to Cape Kennedy, weather permitting. If anyone wants to join in, please PM me and I'll put up a list.

AFAIK, so far it's Parks and me going. We'll be sure to be home by happy hour.

THis is where we stayed last year. Likely where we will stay this year. Fairly decent little place and just over the bridge. We did get one of the waterfront rroms for a premium obviously but not sure we will go that route this year simply because we were never in the room except to sleep. I have not bid my schedule yet so not sure if I am off but a very good chance I will be. IOW, I am not reserving hotel until I am sure.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...aza_Hotel_and_Suites-Fort_Pierce_Florida.html

PS....I don't remember everyone's name so am gonna have to relearn!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

th

I've got an AirBnB house reserved. There were several options within 5 miles or so of the marina.

PS....I don't remember everyone's name so am gonna have to relearn!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And everyone's got 2 names....real and screen name! I'll wear my name on my favorite pink hat but I answer to just about anything if good food or IPA beer are involved.

Baker: If you want, I can bring down a couple of bottles of Flor de Cana for you and Wendy so you don’t have to fly with it or wait till we raid Irv’s Carmelitas. Just let me know if you want the 4 or 7 year old. :)

I heard the town of Ft Pierce just when dry with strict no public or non private property drinking allowed.

Any one else hear that?

Thats why we bypassed and went straight to the Keys this year.

Greetings,
Mr. ps. Surely you jest. Whatever would the LEO's of the Ft. Pierce PD do to occupy their time without the TF p*ss-up every year? They would also have to find another source of income to pay the annual fuel bill for the patrol cars in lieu of the fines meted out every February. PLUS I've heard the drunk tank needs painting again...Money, money, money...

Ted

Your my new hero, is there anything you don’t know? PO bragged on this ice maker, obviously he’s not a big drinker. Between the two of us we should have the ice demand under control.

Flor de Cana, Watfa’s favorite but my friend owns Carmelita’s so we will bring that. My dad loved Anejo but the one from Cuba, I liked it too but it is hard to get. You guys don’t have to drink Carmelita’s of course. LOL

Baker doesn’t remember where he stayed last year, he might not remember being there last year.

Ted

Your my new hero, is there anything you don’t know? PO bragged on this ice maker, obviously he’s not a big drinker. Between the two of us we should have the ice demand under control.

I'm sure you realize this, if you have room in your freezer, dipping a plastic bin of ice from the ice maker and storing it in the freezer, will greatly improve the ice in a few hours. A bin with holes in the side greatly reduces the time required. Such bins can be found in the housewares / bins section of Wallyworld (Walmart).

As you probably guessed, I have ice production down to a science for my charter business.

Ted

Last edited by a moderator:
Ted. Please don’t be influenced by Watfa’s diminutive size, she would have my nads flying from the yardarm if I tried to put ice in her freezers. She being a wine drinker doesn’t see the use for ice.

Baker: If you want, I can bring down a couple of bottles of Flor de Cana for you and Wendy so you don’t have to fly with it or wait till we raid Irv’s Carmelitas. Just let me know if you want the 4 or 7 year old. :)

That would be perfect!!! My request would be a 1.75 of 7year FDC!!! And diet Canada Dry ginger ale. Please and thank you. I’ll settle up when we get there!!!

THANK YOU!!!

And I’ve got a little cold so I am about to make some tea...a little honey...and a splash of FDC. MAN, just what the doctor ordered!!!

Then there's this...the flask of all flasks!!!!

Attachments

• wendyflask.jpg
    wendyflask.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Oh no. Now Baker is requesting specific run and years to mature? Last year he drank all the Carmelita’s and also put down a bunch of Canadian, Wendy helped of course, he drank anything he could find but now he gets specific. ��

Oh no. Now Baker is requesting specific run and years to mature? Last year he drank all the Carmelita’s and also put down a bunch of Canadian, Wendy helped of course, he drank anything he could find but now he gets specific. ��

Hey it was offered....and one little ole 750ml bottle rum is gonna go fast in the company of a bunch of crusty ole pirates!!!!:angel: ;) :rolleyes: :rofl: :whistling: :hide:

Baker. Did Larry limit you to one bottle? Perhaps it may be a case, even that might not be enough. :blush:

Are you taking orders? I'm flying in, too. If you come across a couple cases of good IPA on your way...

I heard the town of Ft Pierce just when dry with strict no public or non private property drinking allowed.

Any one else hear that?

Thats why we bypassed and went straight to the Keys this year.

Viva la Resistance! We shall overcome!

This may be too much information.

Ted

I think we have a new "Iceman"!

Then there's this...the flask of all flasks!!!!

I'm really glad Wendy is able to join us in FL!

Wifey B: The flask holder is far more impressive than the flask. :D

No argument here!!!!

So what are the dates again??? I just went through half the thread and didn't find it and gave up.....

Wendy is far too good for Baker! Poor girl must have poor vision. LMAO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom