Sun Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
One of the benefits of being in the Bahamas is the sun sets. In the majority of the anchorages there is no land or no buildings between you and the horizon to the west, so the sunsets can be spectacular. We have had a good number of great sunsets so far on this year's trip - and last night was another!

Anchored in Bennett's Harbour, Cat Island.

Attachments

• Bennetts Harbour Sun Set.jpg
    Bennetts Harbour Sun Set.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 90
Yes, I noticed the same thing when we were in the Bahamas many years ago. But strong cold fronts that come through in the late winter start with strong winds from the west and then clock around to the north.

So while the weather is settled the anchorages open to the west are very nice, but you need a nearby bailout spot when a strong front comes through.

David

Ok, that's a nice sunset.

I'm a sunrise guy. Love to see the sun rising as I'm getting underway.

Lake Atlantic, May of 2017, Heading out of Cape May, NJ while doing the Great Loop.

2017-05-16 09.38.12.jpg

Ted

I go both ways with pics--I like sunrises and sunsets and love taking pics of both. Here's one of my favorite sunsets, taken from the Columbia River bank in front of our house. First, from a distance and second pic an enlargement of the center area of the first.

DSCN0263.jpg

Costco-Print.jpg

awesome sunrises and sunsets photos :thumb:

love to see more :)

tugnuts forum just had their monthly photo contest with a sunrise's theme :nonono: great photos

awesome sunrises and sunsets photos :thumb:

love to see more :)

tugnuts forum just had their monthly photo contest with a sunrise's theme :nonono: great photos

I have been taking them for the past six weeks, but realized that it there was a great one nearly every night, so I stopped posting them unless really special like the one above. I now file them in a separate folder and at the end of the cruise I will post them all in a separate blog entry with the dates!

Here's to you, from Buttonwood Sound Key Largo

:socool:

Attachments

• sunset toast.jpg
    sunset toast.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 60
Breakfast time this morning.

Attachments

• Sunrise small May 26 2019.jpg
    Sunrise small May 26 2019.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 51
Here's one of my favorite sunrises...
Sunrise-with-cloud-reflection-2.jpg

and a couple of sunsets. This one from in front of our place in AZ...
DSCN1421.jpg

and this one on the Columbia....
Blue-Bridge-Sunrise.jpg

I hate it when the water gets that rough. :)

This was the beginning of the sunrise this morning at 4:00amIMG_20190527_045144.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom