Off to the Abaco's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Heading to the Abaco's in the AM for week, will run overnight to Spanish cay. Then form there GTC, Guana and maybe anchor off Man-O-War.

I don't know anything about any of those places. Sounds like a great reason to go. Have a great trip!

Greetings,
Mr. O. I used to like you....Now, not so much...enjoy.

1fy.gif

Lucky! One of my favorite places.

Where do you usually go? Green Turtle Cay? Hopetown? Can you get into Little Harbour in that big boat of yours?

Here's what we planned FTL> Spanish> Green Turtle> Guana> Hopetown. We can get into everywhere except Man O War and Black Sound at GTC which doesn't matter as we like White Sound.

Will post lots of pictures!

Oliver I thought you were leaving Friday. Btw I think you can get into little harbor but it's so easy to anchor of the north point and dinghy in.

Via iPhone.

Oliver is getting annoying! He spends way too much time having fun. Didn't he just get back from fish camp? When does school start anyway?

Oliver is getting annoying! He spends way too much time having fun. Didn't he just get back from fish camp? When does school start anyway?

:D

The 24th I squeezed as much as in could out of this summer!:)

Looks like it's going to be a good day!ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439468607.466172.jpg

I checked...he's really in summer school and just copies pics from others blogs to support his keyboard adventures....:eek:

Have fun Capt. O ! :D

Totes jelly, bruh.

Say hello to the friendliest customs gal in the Bahamas, Euline at Spanish. BTW, the management will nick you fifty bucks to check in - on top of the $300.

Yeah. The moment I saw the title of the thread, I figured it was him. I never had any fun when I was a kid, and now that I'm retired, I hate that he's having more fun than I do. (Plus, he's got a better boat..!) One day I'm gonna be cruising the Islands and find him aground with that 6 ft. draft of his, and I'm gonna cruise right on by, sporting my shoal draft and a spiffy new pair of boat shoes!:dance::lol::devil:

Last edited:
Don't worry Larry, in a couple of weeks the little snot will have to go back to school and only have fun on the weekends, like me. Wait a minute, I'm doing something wrong. Anybody want to buy a marine store?

You guys are too funny!

Passing Spanish right now with intentions of going to Green Turtle. First leg of the bank was choppy but not bad, second leg it's flat as I type this and still dark. Furuno radar kicks arse.

Don't worry Larry, in a couple of weeks the little snot will have to go back to school and only have fun on the weekends, like me. Wait a minute, I'm doing something wrong. Anybody want to buy a marine store?

If there's anything I can't stand, it's a guy that has more fun, a better boat, and a better pee stream ta boot!

Night run was good, we arrived at Green Turtle. Not with out a hiccup. As I was backing into the slip I put MMC into neutral went into neutral then started blinking and all the sudden of went full throttle reverse, killed the motor when I heard it rev up. No damage to boat, but we broke a dock piling. Everyone is ok and no one got hurt. Parts and a mechanic are getting flown in tomorrow.

Will post pictures from when we were at sea later.

Oliver glad to hear all are safe

Bet your pee stream was excessive when that thing went full throttle reverse! Glad all is OK.

I just heard that the Bahamian Government has issued a "Boat Shoe Alert" for the Abacos!

"...went full throttle reverse..."
Did the pee get on your shoes? It would have gotten on mine!

"...went full throttle reverse..."
Did the pee get on your shoes? It would have gotten on mine!

I hope he wasn't wearing knickers. He would never get them cleaned out. Of course, Oliver probably doesn't even know what knickers are.

...As I was backing into the slip I put MMC into neutral went into neutral then started blinking and all the sudden of went full throttle reverse, killed the motor when I heard it rev up. No damage to boat, but we broke a dock piling...

Dumb question time!! What's MMC?

Back
Top Bottom