icw heading south from ny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ralphcramden

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
How Sweet It Is
Vessel Make
Mainship 40
leaving ny to Florida end of this week. first stop mid NJ. plan to be in Norfolk by mid November, Jacksonville by early December. anyone heading that way?

You might try on this FaceBook site (if you're into FB) ...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2221490218081478/?ref=bookmarks

It's the ICW Cruising Guide by Bob423. Bob has done the AICW tons of time, he posts his track and there are now 1,800+ folks who are members of the site. Lots of folks posting routes, tracks, marina recommendations and asking questions about the same.

There should be a handful of us headed south.

Left Cape May, NJ this noon...

Attachments

• 892.jpg
    892.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 247
I envy you! I wish I could be doing the same this year. There's a long, dark, cold winter staring me down.

Scott

Did you leave earlier this year? How far south will you come past Ft Pierce?

Safe trip.

Scott

Did you leave earlier this year? How far south will you come past Ft Pierce?

Safe trip.

Not sure how far south.... doing 3 months in Fort Pierce....after that no plans yet...probably Summering in Myrtle Beach area near family.

Sounds good, no more Keys?

Not till I can spend some better months down there....or might just head to the Bahamas in a year or two.

����

There should be a handful of us headed south.

Left Cape May, NJ this noon...

I'm leaving Crisfield, MD on Friday at 2am. Maybe I'll see you along the way.

Ted

Hope you make Norfolk before the weather sets in over the weekend.

Not sure I will make it.

If I didn’t have plans I could run up there to party back with you guys. Fun times.

Irv...could you stand going so slow to take 2 months to get back home? :)

Scott

Please don’t tell me you go as slow as Ted, I have to take one engine out of gear and turn the other off and occasionally bump the one engine to stay behind Ted. I was thinking I could leave a few hours after you guys and get ahead to get the party ready when you arrived, Watfa could have the meal prepared.

Irv...could you stand going so slow to take 2 months to get back home? :)

I think Irv was offering to put your boat on his upper deck, piggyback so to speak.

Ted

Hope you make Norfolk before the weather sets in over the weekend.

Not sure I will make it.

If I get underway at 2am, I should be inside Norfolk by early Friday afternoon and heading into the protection of the Dismal Swamp Saturday morning.

Ted

Good trip guys. Waiting for February..

If I get underway at 2am, I should be inside Norfolk by early Friday afternoon and heading into the protection of the Dismal Swamp Saturday morning.

Ted

Nice, I will probably get weathered in someplace on the bay...so with your 2day headstart and my week or more in Wilmington.....have a safe one and see you in Feb.

Back to the OP..... When ya leaving? Look at the weather yet?

Nice, I will probably get weathered in someplace on the bay...so with your 2day headstart and my week or more in Wilmington.....have a safe one and see you in Feb.
Sorry I won't see you. Have an uneventful trip. See you in February.

Ted

I know I don't have to worry about you or your boat.... Have a safe one! :)

Scott

You don’t think Ted needs you as a supply boat for his IPA beers?

Come on Irv...Ted is smarter than that on many levels....

That would be like trusting me to hold Wendy and John's bottle of rum for safe keeping... :)

More like you letting Baker and Wendy hold your bottle of Flo de Cana.

Stopped by the NC Visitor Welcome Center (AKA Highway 17 rest area) today. Sailboats rafted three deep at the dock. Season well under way!

We live in Jacksonville in our RV at the Naval Air Station, Jacksonville on the St Johns River. If you need anything, just let us know.

Robert

Thanks I will keep that in mind ..may swing up to Jax on my way north at the end of March.

RobH

Have wine ready for Scott. Don’t ask me how I know. LOL

Why don’t you head down to Ft Pierce the weekend of Feb 23 24 for the TF gathering. A great weekend with like minded people, Scott will be there with quite a few others, all great people. If lucky you can even see Ted’s boat but bring sun glasses for the glare.

BigF

Sounds nice. Is there a link or anything about it? Wine is a good thing. ��

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom