Helping A Kid To Fish..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Coming back from town today (Marsh Harbour) and this young fellow asked me if I had any spare fishing line on board. I told him that I might be able to find him some. Then he wondered if I might have some hooks and maybe a couple of lures!
We are heading back to Florida in a couple of weeks and since I had two light rod and reel combos on board I took him one with a small tackle box of hooks, weights and lures. I hope he enjoys them!

Attachments

• IMG_20190509_165712446.jpg
    IMG_20190509_165712446.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 123
Good for you! I`m sure you made his day.

Aww... a kind and generous gesture. That kid will remember that. Who knows what kind of seed you planted there? Good on ya.

Very nice way to pay it forward, way to go!

My much smarter than I am wife often reminds me: "You can't fix the world today, but if you can help one person, then you've made progress and made it a better place. That's all we can do is fix it one person at a time."

Some will worry about what happens now or what he does with it or did he deserve it and all the other excuses to do nothing. You did good. You just gave from your heart. You made one person's day a little better and maybe even his life. You didn't do it looking for return as you may never see him again. You did it because it was a good thing you felt right doing.

My much smarter than I am wife often reminds me: "You can't fix the world today, but if you can help one person, then you've made progress and made it a better place. That's all we can do is fix it one person at a time.".
I agree with wifeyB. I just finished teaching a class to refugee children through the Junior Achievement program. I had misgivings going into the class that the material would be way over their heads, about their ability or inability to speak English, etc.

Now that the class is done I realize that all my misgivings were a result of my inaccurate perceptions of these kids. For the most part they were attentive and wanted to learn. They were polite, friendly and it was a real pleasure to be in the room with them.

Back
Top Bottom