Heading South to Fl on The Path

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drmnj

We left. Annapolis, Md on a 45' Northwest on Fri. and will be staying at Little Creek Marina by Norfolk. Pretty foggy this am but nice sailing.

image-1041296028.jpg

I'm jealous! That's us this time next year. Can you tell me about those rod holders? They look like what I am after.

Dave

Last edited:
We're about a day ahead of you. Anchored tonight in Broad Creek, heading across Albemarle sound in the AM. Will probably anchor in Pungo River tomorrow night then a day or so layover in Oriental after that. We'll keep an eye out for you.

dvd

Last edited:
Sounds good. We're having fresh Rockfish for dinner. Tomorrow we'll be heading offshore and running to Morehead City if weather holds. We'll also keep an eye out for you. What is the name of your vessel ?
Safe Sailing,
Capt Mike

magicbus said:
I'm jealous! That's us this time next year. Can you tell me about those rod holders? They look like what I am after.

Dave

Rod holders are the ones that mount to the railings. We had a hole drilled through the coupling that connects it to the railing and put a screw through and into the rail. This should help prevent it from rotating with torque. Hopefully we'll catch some nice size fish on our way to south Fl. and it holds up. I believe you can get them at West Marine, just make sure you know the correct size of your railing.

You've got a great weather window to go offshore. We're a PDQ 34 Powercat answering to both the old name "Mishigas" and the new name "Ad Lib II."

Bon voyage

dvd

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom