Finally Heading South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW! My charts won't support that route. Was it max tide when you did it?

Actually, there is a channel, but it's blocked from the satellites because of proximity to the sub base. :rolleyes:

Ted

Nope, not Ohio class, no wing (or whatever it's called) on the conning tower.

Ted

Fairwater planes, which I've just now learned have the advantage of allowing the depth of the ship to be controlled without inducing the same pitch that a bow plane would. Makes sense.

giphy.gif

Nope, not Ohio class, no wing (or whatever it's called) on the conning tower.

Ted

Interesting. There are non listed as stationed in Kings Bay. Most up in New London (Groton), with a few here and there like Hawaii.

Interesting. There are non listed as stationed in Kings Bay. Most up in New London (Groton), with a few here and there like Hawaii.

Too be honest, I don't know that it was a Virginia class sub. It was absent the Fairwater plane and appeared smaller than the Ohio class. It was tied up right at the front of the base which seems odd as their usually well inside or out in the Degaussing station. Maybe an unintended stop.

Ted

Too be honest, I don't know that it was a Virginia class sub. It was absent the Fairwater plane and appeared smaller than the Ohio class. It was tied up right at the front of the base which seems odd as their usually well inside or out in the Degaussing station. Maybe an unintended stop.

Ted
This is at the dock today.
I didn't have the stones to do your short cut[emoji33]1122201042b.jpg1122201042a.jpg

Crossing Okeechobee now, just about to go between the shoals.

Seen nothing less than 12 feet all the way on Route 1.

BTW, the lock at Clewiston/Roland Martin is operating.

Last edited:
Well either a different sub or I need to make an appointment with the optometrist.

Wrong tide state for the short cut? You definitely need a high tide.

Ted
Tide was +2' and rising. Just can't bring myself to trying without a route or charts that don't show land.[emoji27]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom