Exumas in June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are several marinas on GTC that can accommodate both the Nordhavens draft and the cats beam. Come on over!

There are several marinas on GTC that can accommodate both the Nordhavens draft and the cats beam. Come on over!
Im pretty sure the inlet at White sound is 5ft and the one at Black sound is shallower. But maybe I'm wrong, the little bay once your inside white sound is plenty deep enough I know that.

You could also ease into Coco Bay, just don't go in too far and stay in the middle. The shallows there are really obvious. In prevailing winds it is very nice. You can run your dinghy in to the beach and walk to either Bluff House or GTC pretty easily. It is one of our favorite anchorages when we want swim off the boat and hang out.

A lot of deeper draft boats anchor off of New Plymouth as well, usually some chop out there, but won't be noticeable in your boat I would think. Ferry wakes can be bad there too. But it is a short run into Pineapples and New Plymouth.

I'm going to look at this crazy thing next week. 45' cat with a 21' beam. Draws 2'. Outboards for simplicity sounds interesting if I can afford the gas. Should be a good Bahamas cruiser. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CCD832A3508D4906!6102&authkey=!AEbgQrvrEvI4n18&ithint=folder%2c.JPG
I checked out the photos of that cat and she looks pretty slick. Do you know what she cruises at and her fuel burn? You may have found a nice vessel. Good luck & keep us posted.
Thanks

Well plans have possibly changed, we might go to the abaco's for a month and stay in Spanish and do small trips from their. also might have a buddy boat ( Hatteras 60).Last years trip (the pic) is when we fell in love with the N47. :blush:

We'll probably see you in the Abaco's at the beginning of June. Our current plans are to be there for around 5-7 days and then head over to Eleuthera. Most of our nights are spent on the hook. Our vessel is a 45' NW Trawler named The Path, which everyone mistakes for a Nordhaven. Keep us posted and let us know when your in the islands.
Tailwinds,
Capt Mine

We'll probably see you in the Abaco's at the beginning of June. Our current plans are to be there for around 5-7 days and then head over to Eleuthera. Most of our nights are spent on the hook. Our vessel is a 45' NW Trawler named The Path, which everyone mistakes for a Nordhaven. Keep us posted and let us know when your in the islands. Tailwinds, Capt Mine
Well stay in touch. We were also thinking of hopping to Eleuthera then Exumas, not sure yet though. Do you have a pic of your boat? We'll be on the hook a couple days here and their well were there.

Well stay in touch. We were also thinking of hopping to Eleuthera then Exumas, not sure yet though. Do you have a pic of your boat? We'll be on the hook a couple days here and their well were there.

Sounds like a good plan. Here are some pics.
Tailwinds,
Capt Mike(not Mine) lol

image-3682425278.jpg

image-537113377.jpg

image-1159848847.jpg

I checked out the photos of that cat and she looks pretty slick. Do you know what she cruises at and her fuel burn? You may have found a nice vessel. Good luck & keep us posted. Thanks

Well, it wasn't as slick as the pictures, that's for sure! The admiral said hell no.

We'll be heading to the Abaco's May 18-20th depending on the weather outlook. We'll probably be in Hope Town during Memorial Day weekend and then heading over to Eleuthera and the Exumas. Are you still planning in being in that area at that time?

Were not sure of our time frame but were going try and head to hope town/marsh harbour June 10th or so.

We are leaving St.James City (SW Fla) on May 21 for a 3 week trip to the Exumas. Probably will leave to cross at Key Largo and check in at Bimini then on to Nassau and the Exumas. We will be on a friends 52' Ocean Yacht and have two other boats traveling with us.
Did a similar trip to the Abacos last year and had a blast. I will be posting pics if possible.

We may see you over in the Exumas. We'll probably be passing through the Exumas the 2nd week of June on our way to The Turks & Caicos. Our route is currently as follows: Palm Beach, Fl - West End - Abacos - Eleuthra - Exumas - Long Island - Acklins - Little Inagua - Turks & Caicos. My vessel is a Yellow 45' Northwest trawler named "The Path". Keep us posted and have a fun safe trip.
Tailwinds,
Capt Mike

Will keep an eye out for you Capt.Mike.
Sounds like you have fantastic trip ahead of you!!

We are leaving St.James City (SW Fla) on May 21 for a 3 week trip to the Exumas. Probably will leave to cross at Key Largo and check in at Bimini then on to Nassau and the Exumas.

Why are you going all the way to Key Largo to cross? Just curious.

We will be crossing from Stuart to Grand Cay about 6/15 and back in Stuart around 7/10. We will likely be in the Abacos the whole time. 40 Mainship, "Morgan."

Capt. Bill,
We are running from Marco to Channel 5 in the Keys and then up to Largo in one day. One of the other boats with us prefers to stay at Largo so we will stop there and leave from there. Marco to Largo is a long day's run !

leaving on 5 10 14 with a delivery to cap may NJ. any body else going the same way???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom