Old 01-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #21
City: Fort Lauderdale
Originally Posted by Alex F View Post
I was looking at Berry Islands and have noticed that Great Harbor Cay is where the "Coco Cay" (Royal Caribbean private island) is located. There are some mixed reviews on Active Captain about the anchorage. I've been there on a cruise ship (number of years ago) and recall only good things about the island, just in general. Obviously, it's very different when going to the same places on your own boat.

Do you guys have any recommendations if the Coco Cay worth the stop or should I save the night for more attractive place with more to offer?
Great Harbor is more on your path than is Chub as it's more convenient to the Northwest Providence Channel. It's also a POE, so I wouldn't add it to the trip but sub it for Chub Cay, since you're using either primarily as a quick stop. It's used by many as a stop on the way to Nassau or to further islands.

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #22
City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
Oddly, Coco Cay is pretty isolated from Great Harbor, or at least it was when we've been there. It is sort of "around the corner" from GHC, and the passengers are just ferried ashore for a day on the beach there, then right back out to the ship. they don't come into GHC at all. Only impact is weaving your way through the anchored ships on your way to somewhere else like Hoffmans, watching out for the jet skis etc.

We anchored outside the Marina Entrance in Bullocks Harbor (I think that is it's name) and just passed by Coco Cay.

Agreed that Chub could be a good way stop, though expensive.

Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote