Old 03-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #1

City: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Cruising to the Turks & Caicos

We're heading to the Turks & Caicos at the end of May. Our plans are to spend the 1st month cruising the Bahamas and arriving there sometime towards the end of June. If any of you cruisers plan on being in that region at that time let us know. Also if you know of any special or favorite anchorages in that region, share them with us if you so desire.
Tailwinds,
Capt Mike
drmnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
I wouldn't worry about it. Turks and Caicos is pretty first world. Chances are if you need fuel it will be in Providenciales where they are at least 4 fuel docks and maybe more now. Ask the sport fishing guys. They fuel every day they go out.

The only time we have taken a sample was in Panama. I pulled out a peanut butter jar to check for water and the guys on the fuel barge starting laughing. The mate came out with 2 sample bottles. He dumped couple of gallons in the barge and then filled the sample bottles; one for him and one for us. We felt like a big ship.
Attached Thumbnails
picturecopy[1].jpg  
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #3

City: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. Turks and Caicos is pretty first world. Chances are if you need fuel it will be in Providenciales where they are at least 4 fuel docks and maybe more now. Ask the sport fishing guys. They fuel every day they go out. The only time we have taken a sample was in Panama. I pulled out a peanut butter jar to check for water and the guys on the fuel barge starting laughing. The mate came out with 2 sample bottles. He dumped couple of gallons in the barge and then filled the sample bottles; one for him and one for us. We felt like a big ship.
Thanks
drmnj is offline   Reply With Quote