Bucks Harbor, Maine boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scratchnsaw

I thought I would add some shots that I took of some nice wooden boats and boats in general while cruising in that area. There was a cool houseboat too in the harbor. The area seems to be a great place to hang out in questionable weather and pretty protected if you need a place while in that area. The staff at the fuel concession were friendly and helpful.

Attachments

• DSC09976.jpg
    DSC09976.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC09977.jpg
    DSC09977.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC09978.jpg
    DSC09978.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC09979.jpg
    DSC09979.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180727_121554.jpg
    20180727_121554.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 95
This sailboat was flawless , and well maintained, a pattern that I saw with just about all the boats moored on anchor. I don't know how that's possible with the lack of access to water and chamois each day. .

Attachments

• DSC09973.jpg
    DSC09973.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC09975.jpg
    DSC09975.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 94
That floating lobster shack/house is right next to our mooring and you didn't take multiple pics of our beautiful IG32 to share on TF? :( :)

That first black power boat is "Top Hat", a Stanley 38. Gorgeous boat. Unfortunately, the seagulls love her too. Rarely leaves her mooring.

The second power boat is "Post Haste IV", a recent Doug Hylan design and build.

The sail boat is "Inglesea" a Morris 42.

All excellent examples of Maine boat building and design. (Including the shack. But not our boat).

Brightwork maintained by morning dew and a chamois, either real or synthetic.

My humble apologizes sir, I have and had wood and varnish on the brain, especially during the trip. I visited three big shops up that way and was drunk on wood shavings. ;<} Its a mental disorder for sure. You are rewarded a switch for forty lashes for the next visit hopefully next year, good Lord willing.:cool:
By the way that picnic boat sitting on its own dock with what appeared to be a chair lift to the top of rock was a real unique setup.

Last edited:
By the way that picnic boat sitting on its own dock with what appeared to be a chair lift to the top of rock was a real unique setup.

Yup. Money no object: a Hinckley and a funicular.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom