7 days and we get underway! Yeaaaa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbltime

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Riverdance, Hornet, Janet-R
Vessel Make
49 Eastbay, J88, Jarvis N 32
Nov 4th we will depart Bay Bridge Marina, upper Chesapeake for West Palm Beach (Palm Harbor Marina). This trip is our annual vacation. We take our time and smell the roses. Probably 12 days which is a long time in a 23 knot cruise boat. We do Beaufort NC to Southport outside then outside to Georgetown SC.
Then outside to Beaufort SC and weather permitting outside to St Augustine. That last leg I will wait for a weather window and avoid inside at all costs. 15 knots of wind from the south is all we will tolerate. Upper teens from the north.
Our range sucks at 200 miles depending on prop load. Always a good with no schedule.

Attachments

• Riverdance pic 001 cropped.jpg
    Riverdance pic 001 cropped.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 116
Have fun and share the trip with pics......

Having service work completed before a big trip can be a big pain.
Front two enclosure panels replaced, done in 7 days. Impressive
Remove teak cockpit and swim deck and install the faux stuff. Huge pain. 5 weeks
Oil changes, water pumps replaced, generator cooling system and oil... smooth
Cablemaster switch, holding tank gauge... punch list of repairs done
Cleaning and wax starts Friday.
Oh boy almost ready!!!

Part of the fun huh? I am having my boat pulled in a few weeks to replace shaft seals. Preparing for an extended trip can be fun and frustrating all in one.

Enjoy the trip. You'll pass us on the way. We're currently on Antipoison Ck trying to find places and things to do until the Urbana oyster fest November 7.
We're headed to Tampa, hopefully not until March if the Admiral will let me. Enjoy your cruise.

This is our third boat ride down the coast in our Viking/Princess Sport Cruiser. (Annapolis to West Palm) Each year we are better prepared, more organized and plan the stops better. Do to some big pre trip service jobs the boat had not been run for 6 weeks prior to our departure. As we idled out of Bay Bridge marina (Stevensville MD) we realized we had no steering. Zip, zero... The autopilot steered fine while I added hydraulic fluid and pumped up the pressure. Fixed.

First stop was just inside the York River south shore to look at a friends boat.
Clicked on the wrong waypoint and ran 8 miles south of the York before I realized the error and turned around. Spent an hour or so aboard his boat then continued on to Tidewater in Portsmouth. Pulled out of Porsmouth late morning, 08:30 and ran down to River Dunes in Oriental. Very long day as we arrived around 20:00. Dark, rainy with heavy rains moving through. The next two days were forcated as light winds offshore then a strong cold front. So we got underway at first light and went outside at Beauufort down to Masonboro Inlet then inside to Southport marina. They were booked, sold out, so we tied up at the end of the fuel dock and ran our gen set all night. Next morning we ran offshore to Port Royal Sound. We always enjoy the small town of Beaufort, SC but not this time. They too were sold out. Never had this happen in previous years. Oh well plenty of choices. We ran down to Hilton Head and stayed at Harbortown. Funny thing that 200 mile run was all the range our little pea shooter could muster. Gen set ran out of fuel and judging from our fill up the mains were close to E. Next day on the nside to St Simons Island as it was a bit breezy. We tied up at a Morningstar Marina. The restaurant at the marina gets 4 stars. Very good. Stayed on the inside through Georgia down to St Augustine where we tied up at Camachee Cove. They have a dependable serice department and I was tired of my Separ fuel fiters. They installed new Racors for me pretty quickly. We stayed the day and went for a bike ride, walked the town and dinner at Kingfish Grille. Offshore to Ft Pierce on a flat day. Stayed at the Municipal marina. Offshore for a 50 mile flat ride down to Lake Worth inlet. Tied up at Palm Harbor 12:25. Boat ran great, all systems operated as inteneded and I did not hit anything. Going into River Dunes on a dark night was tricky and I was glad we had a FLIR night scope. Fun Trip! Somebody needs to tell the guy who owns the first house at the marinas canal to turn some of those lights out! Blinding.

Sounds like a great trip. A suggestion: one of these days you should get to know and make friends with that thing hanging off your bow pulpit. Would have avoided most all of your "no room at the Inn" and lateness issues. Not to mention funding about 100 gallons of fuel...which sounds like got pretty scarce..

The boat in the avatar is our behind the house 32 Jarvis Newman. She is in storage now and we went south in Riverdance. Every trip I say we need to anchor out more...
We anchored north of Jacksonville when high energy storms were passing through quickly. With electronic ecu's I anchor and shut everything down, (dead boat) while lightning passes. AC & DC

Back
Top Bottom