Old 11-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Guru

City: UMR MM283
Vessel Name: Northern Lights II
Vessel Model: Bayliner 3870
November on the UMR

Since the 1st the daytime highs have been in the mid 70s, lows have been in the low 50s. Helped a friend replace window tracks Monday and finished around 3:00, the weather was to nice not to take the boat out. Went up river a few miles and found a very nice well protected anchorage just before dark and dropped the fortress and have been here ever since. The single deep cycle 8D is doing fine on about 4 hours of gen time per day, 1 hour in the morning to make coffee and cook breakfast. Then about 3 hours in the evening to cook dinner and watch a little TV. It is amazingly quite and peaceful here I've seen 1 other boat in the slough a guy fishing. I don't know when I'll head back, I have plenty of provisions and water, I'am just enjoying the great days of the fall 2015 season. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1446659142.570943.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	46245

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Old 12-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Guru

Still haven't winterized, went out yesterday for a few hours, went down to lock #24 at Clarksville, Mo. It was about 50f and sunshine so it was tee shirt weather on the bridge, there was still a bit of debris from the recent high water but not enough to be a problem. I'am going to top off the diesel and water tanks this week and winterize the engines, generator, and reverse cycle units next Saturday. The water temperature is still 48f so running a single electric Caframo heater on low will keep the boat comfortable. I don't remember a fall with such mild temperatures if winter is similar I'll be back after Christmas and still be here when spring rolls around.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #3
Guru

Winterized today 12-12-15:-(
No more boat rides till March, got enough water to last till the end of the month, longer if I'am real frugal. When the water is gone or it to cold to stay aboard I'll go home till spring. I was in a tee shirt and sweating today so maybe the milder than normal weather will continue.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Guru

Finally winterized the water system last Friday and went home till march, the electric charge for December was $344.00, that's the highest ever but on the bright side I was warm, dry and comfortable.