Spring and a New Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
77f yesterday and 71 today, I'am getting the itch to return to the river, this has been a really mild winter, no extreme cold and less than 2" of snow. I went over to check on the boat Wednesday and deliver the autopilot to the mechanic and it was shirtsleeve weather then. The river was open and looked like a mirror, the harbor had ice but it was very rotten looking and will probably be gone in a day. I usually go back in mid March but may have to bump that up depending on the 15 day forecast.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Well, we all know Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow....

Phil may of gotten heat stroke

Back on the boat, got the heads back in service, didn't take anything other than opening the raw water thruhull. Strung out 9 hoses, about 300' to fill my water tanks from the frost free hydrant in the parking lot. I got the AC/Heat reverse cycle units going. So I have hot/cold running water, heat if I need it and useable heads. I'll fire up the generator and engines tomorrow, I installed a rebuilt raw water pump on the gen today while in the lazerette tending to the water heater. I'll also get the displays back in their mounts tomorrow and a few other things done to be ready for the new season. The river temp is 47f, in years past I've seen the harbor froze over this time or at the least ice in some parts of it.

Back
Top Bottom