Muscatine, Ia. Event

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
http://muscatineboatshow.com/

We're planning on cruising up for this, probably will tow our 17' center console & anchor out. We've stayed there twice & was able to re-supply using the nearby bus stop. Thought I'ld post this for anyone else who is interested in classic boats, cars & bikes. Hope the river cooperates this time, look for Northern Lights II & stop by for a cold beer.

I will plan on going if things work out. Muscatine is only about 30 river miles and two locks downstream. My plan would be to leave mid afternoon on Thursday and stop at a retired from John Deere friend of mine's place on Andalusia slough Thursday night to drink his beer, and anchor in the slough for the night. I would head to Muscatine on Friday morning. I should be there well before noon if the lock cooperates. Where do you anchor? I assume in the sloughs across from town, but I don't know the depths over there. I would hail you on the radio.
Suprisingly, I have not heard of the event but it looks like fun. If you have time after the event to follow me north after the event I think you could get a free slip at The Isle Capri. I have a car there and get whatever you need in terms of supplies. We have a few exceptional anchorage areas close. First is the LeClaire Canal. It is 200 to 300 yards wide x a mile long. uniformly 15' deep and has no current, clean water and good fishing. The town of LeClaire (birthplace of Buffalo Bill) is a worthwhile stop. It has many antique, gift and specialty shops. It is also home to The American Pickers' original shop. A bit further north (15 miles) are 3 'sand pits' these are dredged for the sand and gravel and connect to the river. Again, clean and no current. The river just gets better and better as you go north. Many interesting towns to visit, less commercial traffic, and more boat facilities.
I hope the June thing works out, will see you there.

Here's a YouTube video I think from 2009. I'll have to look at the charts & talk to some locals to pick a spot to anchor. If I remember there is a area down river that may be a good spot. I will probably go further up the river past the Quad Cities this time when we leave. My daughter, wife & 3 grandkids are planning on going but that may change by the time June gets here.
http://youtu.be/elcXY8DBLxQ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom