Lake Ontario cruisers or any of the other Great Lakes!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delia Rosa

Vessel Name
Delia Rosa
Vessel Make
C & L Sea Ranger 47 Raised Pilothouse
My husband and I are fairly new members of Trawler Forum.*We keep our trawler at Wilson New York on Lake Ontario just across the lake from Toronto.**Trawler Forum seems to be a great venue for people to chat, exchange ideas and maybe even meet up eventually so we*would love to hear from any other boaters in our general area.

I don't own one yet, but i would be on Erie when I do. I'd love to here about your experiences on the lakes.

Ron, great to hear from you and good luck in your search for a boat.

Now that we have brought Delia Rosa home to Lake Ontario from New Hampshire, we have only been cruising on Lake Ontario... no other long trips yet.

Lake Ontario cruising we have found can be more difficult than some of the ocean cruising we did on the way home. *Sometimes the weather is not quite what was predicted and while big ocean swells are quite comfortable and easily handled on our boat, *the same height waves on a lake are not so much fun.

I will say though that just being out on the water is what I love. *So we listen closely to the weather forecasts and then plan carefully in case the weather changes unexpectedly!

We have been to Wilson many times. Which marina or yacht club are you located. I am accross the lake from you in Bluffers Park CBYC. Pls drop by and say Hi if you are over this way my boat is a 38 Ocean Alexander located on D dock
Take care Bert

We have a slip at Sunset Bay Marina - dock 78. *We are also staying part of the summer at Lake Breeze Marina at Point Breeze a little further east towards Rochester.... We would love to see you if you are over on this side of the lake!

Delia Rosa....did you come up from the southern side of the US via the Atlantic to Lk Erie/
Peter

We cruised down the Atlantic coast from New Hampshire, through Long Island Sound to New York City, up the Hudson and Erie Canal system to Oswego on Lake Ontario. *A great trip!

Beacon Harbour

Your city states you are in St. Catharines. We are owners of a 77 MT 34 that we purchased out of NY. If you know where the pirate ship is...Thats where we are. If you're in the neighborhood, drop us a line. We plan on doing a lot of salmon fishing around the niagara bar this summer so maybe we can meet up some time. Counting the days to boating season again.:whistling:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom