2016 Tall Ships on Great Lakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
I have been planning since last year to cruise up the Illinois River this season, I've just found another really good reason to go. They are supposed to be in Chicago the end of July, I think the grandkids will enjoy it, here is a link to some info.
TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® Great Lakes 2016

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Several years back while here in Huatulco, MX I had the privilege to be invited aboard the ARM Cuauhtémoc while she was on one of her many voyages as an ambassador of peace for her home country of Mexico. To say the least, she was impressive! She's currently lying in Acapulco, MX.

9631-albums319-picture2670.jpg

For those interested here's a little history about the ARM Cuauhtémoc:

History of the ship

Last edited:
Looking forward to their stop in my neck of the woods.

They are coming to Brockville in a couple of weeks.....August 30 - September 1, 2019

There was quite a gathering in Sarnia yesterday.

Does anyone know what they'll be doing this summer? (2023.) We missed them in Erie last year due to health issues. (Kiddo got Lyme disease.)

We patrolled in 2016. They planned for hundreds of boats and it was going to be our job to keep them back. But the day they arrived in Saginaw Bay it was blowing 35 to 40. So basically all that was out was the LE boats. But it was neat to accompany them into port.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom