Work in progress. 65' lugger reworked after a fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive got a date with the yard at the end of the month. It's only a 5 hours trip but I sure don't feel ready. Everything works great buttttttt........ It's going to be a nail biter.

Ive got a date with the yard at the end of the month. It's only a 5 hours trip but I sure don't feel ready. Everything works great buttttttt........ It's going to be a nail biter.

Hey Paul

Thanks for letting us in on your pending journey. I'm sure you have Cajun Rose up to par for the task. What is it you and "Rose" plan to do at the yard? Haul out?... And/Or??

Best luck! :thumb:

Art

Have you had the Rose away from the dock much? Maybe a few trips up and down the bayou would be worth the time, so you can walk around, listen, touch and feel how everything is working.

We know she floats, so that's the main thing. A boat's first job is to keep the water out. Everything else is sort of like a bonus feature!

Greetings,
Mr. s. I hear ya on the nail biting situation. EVERY time we prep to leave the dock there's that nagging "Did I remember to..." and "What if?..." but at some point, unless you're a dock queen ya just gotta go. What will happen (or not) will happen (or not). Take a deep breath and relish the sounds, smells and sights. After all, isn't this what the Rose was built for?

What ya having done and may I ask what yard you're using?

I am going to Laundry's yard in Bayou La Batre, hopefully the work will be a quick haul and paint, bed coolers, and the all important out of water survey. Any advice on that would be much appreciated

Switched gears, started on the inside, the last photo is my new grinder/holding tank
IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg

The second picture is half of my cabinets

More floor
IMG_0111.jpgIMG_0112.jpg

Second maiden voyage, stuck again
IMG_0128.jpg

I was doing boat owner duty......working on the boat, and a bunch of friends and beers showed up and that was all she wrote. Tide was falling and now I have a new home. Good news is that the windless works

Greetings,
"...a bunch of friends and beers showed up..." Careful what you post there Mr. s. Now Mr. A REALLY wishes he was there to "assist". In any case, as you say, the windlass works...Sorry, but I really can't see the downside of this.

Finished installing the ceilings, plumbing, water pump and water heater
IMG_0146.jpgIMG_0148.jpgIMG_0149.jpgIMG_0151.jpg

You're making some serious progress. It looks great.

Are you working with a crew? Is it, by chance, the same crew that shows up occasionally with beer for a joyride in the shallows? :hide:

Thank you Dennis. Al thats funny. I've get some help when were not putting in pilings. My brother, who works for me, helps with the boat. The people that show up with the beer definatly do not help with the work.

Looking really good! Details of the BIG project. Completion is moving your way!!

Last pictures of the bath,
IMG_0158.jpgIMG_0156.jpg

The outside is finally 100% covered in fiberglass, a quick sand on the roof and primer and I'm done this year with the exterior.

Looking fantastic! Can't wait to see you guys on the Sound. Let us know when ya taking a day cruise. Still up in Pascagoula?

Back
Top Bottom