Work in progress. 65' lugger reworked after a fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm up the Biloxi river, in wool market. Thanks Art, I'm going to be on the yard in a few weeks, when it gets lifted, if the tile doesn't crack or explode I will. E happy with my decision. Until then I am on the fence as to whether it will work or not

Keep up the great work Paul.

Have you done anything with the dinghy you found yet? I swear that's to me the most interesting part of the Rose story.

Well a quick sand and spray on the roof is turning into a nightmare. I don't know what was on the roof before but when I started sanding it started flaking off, cracking or turning into different colors. The black mold looking stuff turned into green mold looking stuff that turned into red stuff. I went to Home Depot and rented a floor sander with 12 and 36 grit,
https://youtu.be/Td6Ue7_zGHM

Ha, the dingy is still on the trailer under the house. I did find the other two, just haven't purchased them yet

Well a quick sand and spray on the roof is turning into a nightmare. I don't know what was on the roof before but when I started sanding it started flaking off, cracking or turning into different colors. The black mold looking stuff turned into green mold looking stuff that turned into red stuff. I went to Home Depot and rented a floor sander with 12 and 36 grit,
https://youtu.be/Td6Ue7_zGHM

Hate it when things like that happen to good folks. Best luck in your "roof" job!!

Ha, the dingy is still on the trailer under the house. I did find the other two, just haven't purchased them yet

Great news! I thought there was only one not accounted for. It's going to be neat when you reassemble the fleet.

What a drag having to buff your roof! Hope it shines when you're done.

Some paint, lights and lots of work! Ice machine is getting installed tomorrow and the air conditioning is going to get serviced
IMG_0200.jpg

Incredible work, love watching from the iPhone. I'm sure the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes looks a long ways out, but it's getting closer and closer to all of us watching afar. Thanks for the updates and pictures. She is a thing of beauty.

Installing the ice machine. I elected to remove the condensing coil and relocate it to the bilge, to loud on the back deck. I went with a 500# machine and a 250# ice bin. Also I am done with the outside fiberglass and primer. I even started sanding and varnishing the helm.... works been slow can you tell.
IMG_0214.jpgIMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0216.jpgIMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpgIMG_0220.jpgIMG_0221.jpg

Yep, no going back now. I think the 250 bin will save space and the head unit is not much smaller for the smaller unit

Hell yea ragin, that looks like it would liven up the party for sure

Are 2 floors of a hotel missing their ice machine?
Mentioning Biloxi has me thinking of the very funny Neil Simon play.

Looking good! I'm jealous of the ice machine!

Cocktails anyone!!??!!

Certainly. It's nearly 5:00 somewhere. Bring 'em on.

After seeing this, I'll never again look at a wimpy little "yacht" sized ice maker the same way. Most impressive, Paul!

My apologies, here a picture with her cloths on
IMG_0223.jpg
I didn't notice I had a water leak until I looked at the pictures again. It fixed and making ice

I was going to take an overnighter this weekend but the weather turned bad

With an ice maker like that, I'd say you're ready for a complimentary TF fridge inspection. Inspector FlyWright standing by for duty, sir.

You can hang out in the Bayous and sell ice to other boats. You would make a killing.

Believe it or not my machine is small compared to other guys I know. We are in the heat a lot longer than most of y'all. I like the idea though, I'll even give a TF discount[emoji16]

Why would you need so much ice?

If Paul takes a 3 day fishing trip to the Chandelier Islands he will need every cube that machine produces. Icing down the days catch (which can be as much as 50lbs of fish per person per day!) with 6 people on board, cooling beverages/water during the day and having cocktails(margaritas and Pina coladas) in the evening would eat up what ice is being made. Ice is a very perishable item on board in the Gulf...great if you can replenish it on a daily basis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom