Old 12-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #21
Veteran Member
City: Jamestown, Ca.
Vessel Name: Down East Yankee
Vessel Model: Defever 40 by Down East
Just food for though. We replaced our fitted mattress with a full size Queen Select Comfort mattress. It is a two chamber with wireless remote control and the upgrade pillow top cover. It's dimension were close enough to the births irregular shape that it conformed when inflated. I installed the air compressor unit in the storage area under the bed. The wife has her setting and I have my.

Some of the major advantages for us were the ease of getting it into the cabin. It comes in many pieces and has to be assembled in place. When assembled, it is still very light. It is very easy to lift when we need to get into the storage area under it.

Last year I had a port light leak water onto the mattress and of course it left a stain. I disassemble the whole thing and brought the cover home. I soaked it in a tank with beach until the stain was gone, washed it with laundry detergent and hung it to dry for a couple of days.

These mattresses can be pretty expensive new. I found ours in near new condition on Craig's List for $200. Replacement parts are easy to come by.

Just another option.

remwines is offline   Reply With Quote