Old 06-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #541
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: The Caroliner
Vessel Model: Plans to build 30' Spira Sitka
Good work on that shaft log.Good to read your Chevy didn't let go on ya.We wanna export Trump to another continent.Preferably a deserted island in the south Pacific.

ben2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #542

City: Iroquois, ON
Vessel Name: She:Kon
Vessel Model: Bateau TW28
Someone suggested a TENS device awhile ago for the carpal tunnel. I picked one up off of FleaBay and have been using it on my back, knee & wrists. What an amazing little device! Used it this morning for 3 x 15 min sessions and the pain in my back was gone! It seems to last for days too!

Anywho, it let me jump around the boat this morning like a mad Roo on crack!

Mocked up the engine beds and will glue them in place tomorrow. Off to pick up my Jeep that's been in the shop for 3 days getting a new clutch! *sigh*

Web log updated: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/06/...imulating.html

Standby....

She-Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #543

Not my best work but there it is, glued & screwed (temporary) in!

Bedded it in plenty of epoxy glue and used a notched trowel just like they do on tiles. Worked well but squeezed out a lot of the glue when I pushed the pieces into place. Oh well a quick go over with the sander will clean that up!
Old 07-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #544

Got port side engine bed glued & screwed (temporary) into place this morning. Was going to do some more sanding but I keep getting the uncured glue all over myself.

Going on a hunt to find a 12' step ladder so I can install a pair of ceiling fans in the shed.

Standby...
Old 07-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #545

Finally got all the pieces of the puzzle together to get my ceiling fans up in the boat shed.

They make quite a bit of difference!

Other nonsense on the web log update: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/07/thar-she-blows.html
Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #546

Puttering around on the boat today.

Fans are working really well. It's 30 C in the shade today and very tolerable in the shed.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #547

Still moving in 'a direction' albeit in Slow-Mo-Shun!

Tinkered around with a few things the last few days in between thunder storms, heat & humidity. Engine beds have first layer of glass on them and I've brought a couple of the bulkheads aboard to begin to get them aligned for glue & tape.

Web log updated: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/07/slow-mo-shun.html
Old 07-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #548

City: Bristol PA
She-Kon! love the build! I'm on the wooden boat forum too. (same name). Do you post over there? (tough crowd)

gotta love stitch and glue!
Old 07-09-2016, 02:13 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseO30 View Post
She-Kon! love the build! I'm on the wooden boat forum too. (same name). Do you post over there? (tough crowd)

gotta love stitch and glue!
Hi Denise. Thanks for looking in.

I used to post over there but the 'tough crowd' chased me away a few years ago. I do check in once in awhile to see what my ole' buddy Peter Lenihan is up to. Unfortunately he's been AWOL for quite awhile now.

Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #550
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Kon View Post
Still moving in 'a direction' albeit in Slow-Mo-Shun!

Tinkered around with a few things the last few days in between thunder storms, heat & humidity. Engine beds have first layer of glass on them and I've brought a couple of the bulkheads aboard to begin to get them aligned for glue & tape.

Web log updated: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/07/slow-mo-shun.html

Good update Rick.Nice tribute to the family friend.I'm looking forward to watching those frames go in,since you stretched her and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Kon View Post
Hi Denise. Thanks for looking in.

I used to post over there but the 'tough crowd' chased me away a few years ago. I do check in once in awhile to see what my ole' buddy Peter Lenihan is up to. Unfortunately he's been AWOL for quite awhile now.

Thanks again.
Hi Denise,I'm on Wooden Boat forum to.I was another "kind of chased away" by the Rough crowd.I sometimes go back.I guess I like the abuse.

Rick,I hope Peter gets in contact with you soon.I hope things are getting better for him and Nat.I wanted to send them a little,we're thinking of you guys,gift through the mail,but I am not sure if the address I have is Peter's current address.If I PM the address I have, would you be able to confirm it?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #551

Spent a lot of time hmmmm'ing & hawing today. Bulkheads A & B that you've seen I tried to get lined up by the marks I put on the hull when the thing was upside down on the strongback. Didn't exactly seem to work out quite right and I know why. It was something that happened waaaaaaaaaay back when I assembled the panels. Anywho.....

Had to yank bulkhead E out of the pile and cut it in half so I can install it in the boat first. I'm positive of the position it'll go in the boat and once I get it plumb & squared away I can take my measurements of of it for the remainder of the bulkheads.

Web log update: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/07/hmmmmmmm.html

Standby...
Old 07-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #552

Spent most of the morning wrestling with the main bulkhead, E, getting it into place, trimmed for fit etc.

Ran out of Jigsaw blades so it's a supply run this afternoon. Mercury is supposed to jump into the mid 30's C with humidex!

Web log updated: https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/07/fighting-dirty.html

Standby...
Old 07-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #553

City: Biloxi,MS
Rick. Don't forget to drink lots of fluids. Nothing sucks worse than a ride to the er for dehydration.
BIG CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
Rick. Don't forget to drink lots of fluids. Nothing sucks worse than a ride to the er for dehydration.
Thanks BC. Oh I'm aware! Ended up in the hosp a month or so ago dehydrated! Not due to boat shed sauna's though!

Thanks for looking in!

Cheers!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #555
Guru

You'll be hammerin the lid on this boat in no time.It seems like things pick up after the bulkheads are in, and then slows down again when it's time fur the details.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:46 AM   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
You'll be hammerin the lid on this boat in no time.It seems like things pick up after the bulkheads are in, and then slows down again when it's time fur the details.
The whole project comes in fits & starts. It's usually a matter of $$$ or time or energy. All of which seem to be in short supply lately. We've no deadline so it'll get done when it gets done I guess.

Thanks for looking in Ben.

Cheers!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #557
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. SK. Have you decided on ballast yet?
Old 07-12-2016, 03:14 PM   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. SK. Have you decided on ballast yet?
99% sure I'm going with lead and the flexible water tank below the engine as discussed earlier. I've found some scrap steel offcuts that might work if I need more.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #559

Back out in the shed for awhile today to get some stuff done before the heat rises.

Lined up bulkhead E and prepped it for some quick tabs tomorrow. Today's web log update also includes a Season 6 Premiere Youtube video!

https://she-kon.blogspot.ca/2016/07/the ... blood.html

Standby...
Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #560

City: Biloxi,MS
Hey rick . I just had a thought. I'm not sure if you have checked into or not. But what about iron filings from an automotive place that does brakes. You could make iron/led ingots. It won't be as heavy as a lead only ingot but it will definitely add to the weight.

BIG CAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat building, bow shed, she:kon, stitch & glue