Islander Custom Yachts (aluminum)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMYSS

Anyone have any info on a company from Sarasota FL that built "Islander Custom Yachts"* We are in the middle of restoring a 1972 42' Aluminum single screw...only found one other one on yachtworld.com in the last couple years. 42', 1350 gallons fuel, 300 gallons water, single Perkins 6.354, bow thruster(added) etc....new to this forum and looks great! Any other aluminum trawlers on here?

never heard of them but i love aluminum! please post photos of yours wth more info

All of the good renovation pictures are on another computer. Will get some soon, and plenty more to come as we are not done. *But here are some at the docks at a rendevous cruise I did for our customers, just to get a better picture of exterior. It has been a intersting project, no where near done. Just starting from the V birth and working aft after gutting the interior doing the finishing work, but I take it and motor around anyway. While on the hard we replaced every inch of electrical wiring, new panel, replaced all through hull fittings, added a Side Power bow thruster, did a complete rebuild of the Perkins 6.354, new guages, added mechanical guages, new canvas (luckily half my family has been doing that for 40 years), all new freshwater plumbing, new water heater, added a 3000w inverter, lots of exterior paint, reworked the top, installed PYI dripless shaft seal, new cutless bearings, corrosion monitoring system, starting on new electronics, new batteries.....etc etc. Oh yeah important this time of year, just added marine style reverse cycle cruise air units. Previous owner had an odd assortment of household window style ac units and plug in heaters. So far I have estimated it burns around 3gph at 8kts cruising comfortably.

In her previous life the name was "Ming" and was rumored to have been up and down the east coast several times. Owners lived aboard for nearly 20 years and moved off when in their mid 80's......Had lots of art aboard that I would consider to be form the pacific northwest....

Still learning about aluminum boats....

Attachments

• boatwork 421.jpg
    boatwork 421.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 194
  • boatwork 425.jpg
    boatwork 425.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 223
  • boatwork 425.jpg
    boatwork 425.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 224
  • boatwork 416.jpg
    boatwork 416.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 225
JMYSS,

Shown off the USS North Carolina in the back round there.

I was just past there several times this week.* Had a survey done at the American Fish Company yard yesterday.

JD,

I see your form Raliegh? Keep your boat local? NOt plugging anything here but JMYSS is JM Yacht Services and Sales, located at Joyner Marina on Snows Cut.....joynermarina.com* .....What do you have? anyway stop by and see us sometime, green marker 161, MM 295 at Snows Cut

More pictures:

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 069[1].jpg
    069[1].jpg
    155 KB · Views: 220
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 226
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 226
  • dsc07374.jpg
    dsc07374.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 209
JMYSS wrote:

JD,

I see your form Raliegh? Keep your boat local? NOt plugging anything here but JMYSS is JM Yacht Services and Sales, located at Joyner Marina on Snows Cut.....joynermarina.com* .....What do you have? anyway stop by and see us sometime, green marker 161, MM 295 at Snows Cut

More pictures:
We*just did a survey on a boat that is in Southport.* It is a 2006*Mainship 34t*model.

It seemed to go well so unless something comes up that I'm not aware of we should be owners in the not to distant future.

I will be coming through Snows Cut when I return her to New Bern sometime at the end of this month or the second week of September.* I might stop by, time permitting.

Right now I'm figuring on Southport to Wrightsville Beach, Wrightsville to Beaufort and then Beaufort to New Bern.* But that is all subject to change.* This boat is a 2006 that was bought new sometime in 07.* The folks that owner have had some serious*medical problems since buying her*and have been unable to use her.* She has a total of 86 hours on the engine and 84 hours*on the Genset.** They have never used the shower, cook top, microwave or the gas grill on the fly bridge.

Thanks for the invite.

JD,

Congrats, I hope everything goes your way! What is the name of the boat? I have a fairley photographic memory when it comes to boats and sometimes walk their docks looking for new customers......probably know the boat anyway, best of luck, that sounds like some good relaxing not too long days..../Tim

JMYSS wrote:

JD,

Congrats, I hope everything goes your way! What is the name of the boat? I have a fairley photographic memory when it comes to boats and sometimes walk their docks looking for new customers......probably know the boat anyway, best of luck, that sounds like some good relaxing not too long days..../Tim
Thanks.

The name of the boat is Due Course IV.* Green hull and Beige topsides and enclosure.

I may even take a few more days than that it just depends.* We may come down*by boat*to Wilmington in mid October and spend a week for some Water Dog activity.

-- Edited by JD on Saturday 21st of August 2010 08:15:44 PM

JD,

Nice looking boat! We will be at the Downtown Wilmington city docks doing a rendezvous cruise , dock tails, cookout, etc next Fri, Sat, Sunday the 27th-29th if you want to stop by. Also, if you are transiting north on Labor day weekend, that Saturday night we will be doing a big catered cookout it you want to stop by. We do these events not only for our marina customers but also all of our service and brokerage customers, so all are welcome. Best of luck with that boat-

JD,
I didn't realize your from Raleigh as am I. Where are you going to keep your boat? Send me a PM about your business I might have some ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom