Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all. After a 3-4 week hiatus from the boat I decided I’d kick off again today. Was short lived as the EWP batteries were flat and the compressor was nowhere to be seen so I ripped the fabric off the bedroom walls because I never really was 100% in love with it then went home. Hopefully tomorrow arvo is more productive.

Attachments

• 15BF689F-F9BA-4BDD-AA2A-2A66B3246DF3.jpg
    15BF689F-F9BA-4BDD-AA2A-2A66B3246DF3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DD3653DE-05F0-4F85-B187-42565273F6A3.jpg
    DD3653DE-05F0-4F85-B187-42565273F6A3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 40
Glad ur back, thought you got pissed and splashed without us

Grabbed the little compressor from home so I could crack on with the job. I started to fix off the starboard side of the bow rail. I slapped down some butyl tape and began bolting down the feet through the backing blocks I fitted a few weeks ago. (I’ll tighten them over the course off the week then trim off the excess and run a bead of sikaflex around the foot to finish it off). Once I’d done what I could on the starboard side I started cutting out a section of the Portside bulkheads so I could fit backing plates for the Portside bow rail feet. Once I’d done what I could there I then started grinding off some of the foam that was damaged when the fabric was removed yesterday. That it for today. Getting my wisdom teeth removed tonight so I’ll be a little less wise but gotta be done.

Attachments

• BDBA83C8-4DAA-4BF5-9110-620DFD663620.jpg
    BDBA83C8-4DAA-4BF5-9110-620DFD663620.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 36
  • B8AF0328-CCE2-45FF-A061-522CD12AD416.jpg
    B8AF0328-CCE2-45FF-A061-522CD12AD416.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 6EAF6608-8CCC-4986-89ED-59F3D899B948.jpg
    6EAF6608-8CCC-4986-89ED-59F3D899B948.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 5FB39EF7-FAA8-450D-A26C-99F7531260B0.jpg
    5FB39EF7-FAA8-450D-A26C-99F7531260B0.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 44
  • E70B2B0A-FA23-4BC0-B469-487B65593B90.jpg
    E70B2B0A-FA23-4BC0-B469-487B65593B90.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 36
Good show - Matt! Progress should be your middle name!!

Scored a 1000Ltr IBC for a carton of piss today. Pretty stoked. Now I’ll be able to drain the diesel tank, get it welded then pump the diesel back in to it.

IMG_2668.jpg

Attachments

• 36A6BA1D-4AB6-45DC-BBE1-0A8596B43A04.jpg
    36A6BA1D-4AB6-45DC-BBE1-0A8596B43A04.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 4CA811B4-4451-49B6-8EF3-F54C27BF0DBE.jpg
    4CA811B4-4451-49B6-8EF3-F54C27BF0DBE.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Those tanks are really nice. I used them around the farm I worked on. Good luck with the tanks work.

They stole your compressor and now, they might return for your diesel fuel. LOL

Nah nah the compressor didn’t get knocked off mate. The shipwright in another part of the yard has been using it :)

Did he return it or is it like the neighbor who borrows your lawnmower and never returns it?

Do you have visitation rights?
Did you hunt it down or did he come back and confess?

Lol what’s funny mate?

I'd never heard the phrase 'I got something for a carton of piss' before, and it tickled me. I'm sure it means something entirely different in Australialand, but I just imagined you handing over a small paper box filled with urine as payment.

I'd never heard the phrase 'I got something for a carton of piss' before, and it tickled me. I'm sure it means something entirely different in Australialand, but I just imagined you handing over a small paper box filled with urine as payment.
you are just too wild, I would never dare to imagine Matt doing that!

L

the phrase 'I got something for a carton of piss' before said:
As in "on the piss", or drunk, 'piss' in this context being colloquial for beer. To get something for 'a carton of piss' means to obtain cheaply or for a nominal amount...and sometimes, quite literally, for a six-pack of beers.

As in "on the piss", or drunk, 'piss' in this context being colloquial for beer. To get something for 'a carton of piss' means to obtain cheaply or for a nominal amount...and sometimes, quite literally, for a six-pack of beers.

Haha yep it was literally for a carton of beer. There’s a Facebook page called ‘Perth Beer Economy’ whereby items are sold and purchased solely with alcohol. The IBC cost me a 30 can slab of Carlton mid ($51.00). Went to the bottle shop on the way to his house and picked up a carton.

Happy days!!

Hahaha not quite. Mind you tho with the beer he wanted he might has well had urine haha.

In my professional opinion, this is a big part of why the Australian economy came through the Global Financial Crisis relatively unscathed and continues to prosper, relatively, today. The beer economy rules !

Aquabelle
M.Sc.(Distinction), London School of Economics

I figured a carton of piss = a bunch of beer... Ya know how often it makes ya piss!

EDIT: I see I came late to this party... upon reading back upward on posts... I see everyone already confabed on Beer = Piss and Piss = Beer!! LOL

Last edited:
Art, a few other Aussie uses of the word "piss":
"Piss elegant"=false elegance,not really elegant; "taking the piss",= critically mock someone, "pissed" = drunk, :"piss on someone from a great height" =criticize strongly,"Weak as cat`s piss" =very weak.

Just the tip of the iceberg.

"Piss elegant"=false elegance,not really elegant; "taking the piss",= critically mock someone, "pissed" = drunk, :"piss on someone from a great height" =criticize strongly,"Weak as cat`s piss" =very weak.

Old NY usage... "That's a pisser" / "What a pisser" / "You're a pisser"!! Meaning good, bad or otherwise.

Of course you can always me pissed off! Or, pissed on!! Or, piss on ya!!!

"Piss"... Nearly as universal in meaning as the word fuccck. :facepalm: :dance: :D

In addition to the above, my grandfather, Born in Buninyong (true place) and apprentised as a blacksmith in Ballarat, had a great saying, that a blow-hard (braggart) was "all piss and wind like the barber's cat". Never quite knew where it originated, but must have been popular in those parts.

For my own example of this particular form of payment. When doing a try for size and position of a newly purchased and expensive stainless, hinged, anchor roller assembly, I accidentally let let it slip out of my hands, stupidly not having tied it on by a rope, so of course it bounced off the dock and into the drink - 7 metres deep of drink. A local berth buddy with scuba gear fetched it up again for two cartons of beer. That to me was a GOOD deal..! :facepalm: :thumb:

Old NY usage... "That's a pisser" / "What a pisser" / "You're a pisser"!! Meaning good, bad or otherwise.

Of course you can always me pissed off! Or, pissed on!! Or, piss on ya!!!

"Piss"... Nearly as universal in meaning as the word fuccck. :facepalm: :dance: [emoji3]

Ok Mate. Seeing as you’re a man of definition, you care to explain what your understanding of these three sayings that I use are hahaha.

1.) Pulling the piss
2.) Weak as piss
3.) Take the piss

Don’t cheat with google either lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom