Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some wet sanding on the newly painted surfaces. I started with 1500grit them guide coated the panel the wet sanded with 2000grit. Only got up to doing 2000 grit on 3 panels before I ran out of sanding discs. I cut the remaining panels back with 1500 grit and guide coated them ready for 2000 grit. Once everything is done with the 2000 grit I’ll hit it with 3000 grit before machine polishing it to a mirror finish. Once I ran out of materials I packed up fitted the access hatch frame that i sprayed the other day then gave some of the reveals a little sand and headed home for a lovely cup of tea and to listen to the storms that are currently passing overhead.

IMG_4414.jpg
IMG_4415.jpg
IMG_4417.jpg
IMG_4420.jpg
IMG_4427.jpg
IMG_4428.jpg
IMG_4430.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
IMG_4424.jpg
IMG_4425.jpg

Ahoy Meaty! I hope all’s well. It’s been a minute.

Ahoy Meaty! I hope all’s well. It’s been a minute.

Hendo, I too have been a bit concerned with you absence. Have you been busy putting the final touches on the boat?

Matt me mate... through us a bone. Your super successful "boat-restoration-life" regarding SOLSTICE is cherished by many! Cheers!! Art

Sorry all.
The weather over here has been great and too nice to be inside the boat so Flic and I been out riding our bikes.

I plan on spraying the boat in the first week of February 2019.

I will endeavour to provide y’all with some more updates shortly.

IMG_4737.jpg
IMG_4820.jpg

WHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?????? You have an affair with two wheels while she is waiting in the shed!!!! Poor girl POOR GIRL!

L

Cool!!

Glad you took time with Flic!

Noice! That’s a perfectly acceptable excuse. It’s -10 here, so I’m glad somebody’s warm.

Sorry all.
The weather over here has been great and too nice to be inside the boat so Flic and I been out riding our bikes.

I plan on spraying the boat in the first week of February 2019.

I will endeavour to provide y’all with some more updates shortly.

View attachment 82708
View attachment 82709

I own eight motorcycles. I understand the dilemma between boats n bikes. You guys are into the summer months now, correct?

23C in Sydney. A tad cool, but pleasant.

33C here! Had a great swim in the Caribbean this afternoon.

23C in Sydney. A tad cool, but pleasant.
:p 7-7.5c here and have had rain for three days. Will be four and a half days of rain when it moves out. I'm losing time on finish building my workshop before winter sets in. :cry:

:p 7-7.5c here and have had rain for three days. Will be four and a half days of rain when it moves out. I'm losing time on finish building my workshop before winter sets in. :cry:
I would be interested in seeing your workshop, coincidence I am currently building a new one :)

L

I would be interested in seeing your workshop, coincidence I am currently building a new one :)

L
Mine is a small shop 12' x 16' (3.7m x 4.9m) for working on motorcycles and lawn & garden equipment. I'll have to get some pics when all this rain clears out. I'm pre-priming and painting my siding before installing it. Once the siding is up, I'll do a final coat of paint before finish trim work. :thumb:

Ok ok ok so after y’all chipped me for not being at the boat I swung down this afternoon after work. Don’t have much $$$ for material for the interior, (Harley Davidson Softail Standard might have something to do with that) so I did some sanding, cleaned the paint shed floor and got some items ready for spraying on Monday.

IMG_4883.jpg
IMG_4884.jpg

#4481 twernt no "chip"! :thumb: :D

It's good fer you and Felicity to spend time together!! SOLSTICE is a good gal... she understands and is proud to wait for your care. :dance:

December update.

Hi all. Not a lot to report on SOLSTICE at the moment so I’ll close out 2018 with this post.

Between having my 40th bday earlier this month, Christmas on the doorstep as well as trying to save up $$$ for painting in February has put the anchors on the progression reports atm.

I have a couple of interior sanding jobs that don’t require materials that can be done in January so I’ll begin reporting on that when I get back in to the swing of it.

2019 is the year for splash down which will wind up a 7 year project.

Thank you for everyone’s comments, help and support throughout the year. I couldn’t have done this alone so thank you pushing me and keeping me on track.

Both Flic and I want to wish you all a very safe and enjoyable Christmas. Much love and well wishes to you all from the both of us to you all

IMG_5240.JPG
IMG_5241.jpg
IMG_5242.JPG

Last edited:
Compliments of the season to you both and I hope 2019 goes well for you!

Hendo, I for one, had wondered where you had gone. Thought maybe you did a bit of a test drive of the boat and kept going.
Okay, your vacation was long enough, back to work on the boat. Always looking forward to your updates.
Happy Birthday and may you have many more healthy and happy birthdays.
Merry Christmas to you and Flic.

Back
Top Bottom