Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am told those small antenna sticks are as good or better than the big round antenna

Greetings,
Mr. A. "You do more in couple hrs. than most could accomplish in a day..." Where were you in geography class? Don't you realise Australia is in the SOUTHERN hemisphere and as a result, 12 hours is actually 21 hours? Similarly, 15 hours is in reality 51 hours. Sheesh. Get with the program man! (Looking good Mr. H.)

giphy.gif

You are on the down hill coast. Dont muck it up now.
You will always find things that could have been better or things to do. Unless it leaks, you can wait for the off-boating season, haul the boat and work on it.
The first season is always a shake-down cruise.

You are on the down hill coast. Dont muck it up now.
You will always find things that could have been better or things to do. Unless it leaks, you can wait for the off-boating season, haul the boat and work on it.
The first season is always a shake-down cruise.

Thanks mate. Not long now huh.

Greetings,
Mr. A. "You do more in couple hrs. than most could accomplish in a day..." Where were you in geography class? Don't you realise Australia is in the SOUTHERN hemisphere and as a result, 12 hours is actually 21 hours? Similarly, 15 hours is in reality 51 hours. Sheesh. Get with the program man! (Looking good Mr. H.)

giphy.gif

Lesson learned! :facepalm:

It looks as if you have full standing headroom below. If so, that is so nice. Not many boats have standing headroom going forward. Ok, not many boats I have been aboard had full standing headroom forward.

It looks as if you have full standing headroom below. If so, that is so nice. Not many boats have standing headroom going forward. Ok, not many boats I have been aboard had full standing headroom forward.

Yeah mate full standing headroom throughout except in the engine room :)

Yeah mate full standing headroom throughout except in the engine room :)

You may not be able to stand up down there, but from the pics I've seen, there's plenty of room to take a nap on either side of the engine.

This afternoon at the boat I started the installation of the 65mm pvc pipe that will house the wiring for the solar panels and any other wires from the roof into the superstructure itself. Looks a bit dodgy atm but I am making a shroud to go over the elbow and the flexible conduit that will fix to the end cap. I installed the raydome and wired it all up. For some reason it wouldn’t work on the separate radar screen so I’ve hooked it up to the Multifunctional GPS unit. It’s a bit neater and less screens and it’s colour so it worked out in the end. I still need to water proof the raydome mounting plate and the wiring port but ran out of time so will do that when I get time off next swing. In the meantime my mate Mike has the keys to the boat and will be doing some internal painting while I’m away at work to help with the progress.

IMG_4052.jpg
IMG_4053.jpg
IMG_4056.jpg
IMG_4057.jpg
IMG_4058.jpg
IMG_4059.jpg
IMG_4060.jpg
IMG_4061.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg

"Mike, with, Keys to the Boat??!!"

You're the boat's KEY!!! :thumb:

Keep on keepen on! :D

The radar dome is low. How will that affect it's ability to see smaller boats nearby? It seems like the roof would block out some of the capability of the radar to pick up on those boats.

The radar dome is low. How will that affect it's ability to see smaller boats nearby? It seems like the roof would block out some of the capability of the radar to pick up on those boats.

That’s were my eyes come in to play ;-)

She’s a 4kw transceiver with a range of 36 nautical miles.

Matt,

I tried both ways on Ebbtide and the was no discernible performance difference. Went with the mini-mast purely for looks, just looked right on her.

Bob

Come on folks, bring me a 3x3ft cardboard box and gimme 30-45 mins, my boat will be 'neat and tidy', fit for taking pics.

First working day at the boat in ages. I ended up sanding and filling the wardrobe and walkway trim. I then ran around doing some no more gaps then went outside to leave that all dry up ready to paint on Monday and set up a mini spray booth so I can start spraying the doors on Monday also.

IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4267.jpg
IMG_4271.jpg
IMG_4269.jpg
IMG_4281.jpg
IMG_4282.jpg

LOL, I reviewed those early pictures again. Realize the parts he used in the 'rebuild' were few and far between. Now you know how God felt, starting out with Adam's rib. LOL

Lol I was so naive back then. I thought I knew everything.

Boy was I wrong!

:)

Back
Top Bottom