Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m a sago

IMG_2701.jpg

Finished adding the trim to the Starboard side window sill reveal then routered the last sill edge then gave the filler I applied yesterday a sand then clean it up then applied a couple of coats of undercoat. Tomorrow I’ll run around with no more gaps, touch up any screw holes that aren’t 100% then give it another couple of coats of undercoat then she’s done and ready for enamel topcoats. Once I did that I cleaned up the floor and whacked up the radar to see how it all flowed. Pretty happy with it all so far.

IMG_2710.jpg
IMG_2712.jpg
IMG_2714.jpg
IMG_2715.jpg
IMG_2717.jpg
IMG_2716.jpg
IMG_2722.jpg

Beautifully coming together!

Don't forget: An artist is their own worst critic on piece of art they create. Artist sees every imperfection that happened during creation... we viewers see the beauty and mastery!! In this [your] case we are in awe always looking forward to your next photos and descriptions as well as constantly wishing you, Flic and SOLSTICE all the best luck in the world!!

Beautifully coming together!

Don't forget: An artist is their own worst critic on piece of art they create. Artist sees every imperfection that happened during creation... we viewers see the beauty and mastery!! In this [your] case we are in awe always looking forward to your next photos and descriptions as well as constantly wishing you, Flic and SOLSTICE all the best luck in the world!!

I disagree. Based upon my own experience, all my wives were very critical and quick to point out all my flaws. LOL
Ah, and my father too. Nothing went unnoticed. "It is perfect. What about this area? I think you could do better." :banghead:
It got to the point, I would leave an obvious, easy to fix spot with the hopes that would be all he noticed. :angel:

Finished adding the trim to the Starboard side window sill reveal then routered the last sill edge then gave the filler I applied yesterday a sand then clean it up then applied a couple of coats of undercoat. Tomorrow I’ll run around with no more gaps, touch up any screw holes that aren’t 100% then give it another couple of coats of undercoat then she’s done and ready for enamel topcoats. Once I did that I cleaned up the floor and whacked up the radar to see how it all flowed. Pretty happy with it all so far.

View attachment 78969
View attachment 78970
View attachment 78971
View attachment 78973
View attachment 78974
View attachment 78976
View attachment 78975

Your night time helm display is great.

Hendo,
It's been a while since the engine was rebuilt and installed. Curious if you were given any advice on levering (as opposed to cranking) the motor over to keep things from getting stuck while it sits. I'm not offering any advice, but was wondering if you had given any consideration to this.

Ted

Good work.

I am a simple guy and I like simple things so my vote is for something like the pic below.

attachment.php

Hendo,
It's been a while since the engine was rebuilt and installed. Curious if you were given any advice on levering (as opposed to cranking) the motor over to keep things from getting stuck while it sits. I'm not offering any advice, but was wondering if you had given any consideration to this.

Ted

Yeah mate she actually had a good run a few weeks ago

https://youtu.be/NMqrtCkzK34

Paint - graphics?

Ideas....

I recall about a year ago you said you wanted a black hull. That would not be my preference, because of the heat-retaining characteristics of a black hull, so I prefer the first mockup (the grey with the black stripe).

Then I made you two more with a black hull, because after all of your awesome work you ought to get what you want! This is more of a "paint job" mockup instead of what I think of as "graphics."

Attachments

• Hendo's Randall boat A.jpg
    Hendo's Randall boat A.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Hendo's Randall boat E.jpg
    Hendo's Randall boat E.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Hendo's Randall boat F.jpg
    Hendo's Randall boat F.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 57
Ideas....

I recall about a year ago you said you wanted a black hull. That would not be my preference, because of the heat-retaining characteristics of a black hull, so I prefer the first mockup (the grey with the black stripe).

Then I made you two more with a black hull, because after all of your awesome work you ought to get what you want! This is more of a "paint job" mockup instead of what I think of as "graphics."

Oh mate thank you so much for spending the time to do this. It’s great.

Ideas....

I really like the look of the first one, with the gray topsides and the thin black stripe under it. very classy. Not a big fan of the graphics, personally.

Ideas....

This I love. A black hull always looks neat. The two tone look here tho looks even neater, and would probably satisfy all those black is so hot, commentators.

This’s arvo at the boat I made templates for the leatherette work for the front window reveals and styles. Then gave the Port side window sill another coat of undercoat. Wasn’t in the mood today so only spent an hour down there then went home.
IMG_2741.jpg
IMG_2742.jpg
IMG_2744.jpg
IMG_2743.jpg

OMG Matt - "Wasn’t in the mood today so only spent an hour down there then went home." Don't let SOLSTICE hear you say that! LOL - Art

OMG Matt - "Wasn’t in the mood today so only spent an hour down there then went home." Don't let SOLSTICE hear you say that! LOL - Art

No boat today either mate. It’s Flic’s birthday so it’s out to dinner tonight :)

No boat today either mate. It’s Flic’s birthday so it’s out to dinner tonight :)

Happy B-Day Flic!!

SOLSTICE will like you for doing that. :D

Flic will love you!! :thumb:

Flic, Happy Birthday. I hope you have many more healthy and happy birthdays.
You are a truly understand mate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom