Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My boy Chevy will be a boat cat :)

Cats - Much less likely to fall overboard... un less their curiosity get sthe better of them; peering down at fish swimming near by! - LOL

Great afternoon on the boat this afternoon. I removed the tape and cleaned up the undercoat paint edge and installed a decorative trim to the inside reveal. The sill looks great in undercoat. Can’t wait till it’s in gloss white enamel. Once that was done I swapped over the ignition switch power wire from the starter battery bank to the house battery bank because the stereo runs off the ignition switch and I don’t want anything coming off the starter battery bank other than the starter. After that I fitted the helm seat and popped the helm up in place and started doing the starboard side window sills.

IMG_2605.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg
IMG_2607.jpg
IMG_2609.jpg
IMG_2610.jpg

Great afternoon on the boat this afternoon. I removed the tape and cleaned up the undercoat paint edge and installed a decorative trim to the inside reveal. The sill looks great in undercoat. Can’t wait till it’s in gloss white enamel. Once that was done I swapped over the ignition switch power wire from the starter battery bank to the house battery bank because the stereo runs off the ignition switch and I don’t want anything coming off the starter battery bank other than the starter. After that I fitted the helm seat and popped the helm up in place and started doing the starboard side window sills.
/QUOTE]

SMILE, sounds like you have the hard part just about completed.

Considering where you started in this rebuild, I think we would all agree, what's left to do is far less than day one of the rebuild.
Keep plugging along.

BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS! Smart move placing ignition switch that carries stereo onto house bank.

Each step takes SOLSTICE closer to Your "Splash"!

:speed boat: :D

This Arvo at the boat saw me continue on with the Starboard side window sill as well as lining a section of wall with foam and fabric. Bit of mucking around with this section as the sides are different because it incorporates the kitchen and a hinged helm chair but I’ll make it look ok.

IMG_2696.jpg
IMG_2697.jpg
IMG_2698.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg

Bit of mucking around with this section as the sides are different because it incorporates the kitchen and a hinged helm chair but I’ll make it look ok.

Matt, me mate - I'll bet money you make it look better than OK! :D :thumb:

IF it is not too late, incorporate a hood and vent fan over the stove. I am still stumped on how to put a hood and vent fan over my stove.
My Vietnamese lady cooked a meal containing lots of onions. After she cooked, the first week, could smell them when getting onboard. I think my cigar smoking and a container of 'smell good' has corrected that. LOL

Matt,
What did you spend the most time on ...
Building the boat or presenting the story on TF? HaHa
Thanks to you we all know what a custom boat is.

Looking good! Fit and finish transforms a nice good boat into a great boat.

IF it is not too late, incorporate a hood and vent fan over the stove. I am still stumped on how to put a hood and vent fan over my stove.
My Vietnamese lady cooked a meal containing lots of onions. After she cooked, the first week, could smell them when getting onboard. I think my cigar smoking and a container of 'smell good' has corrected that. LOL

No stoves inside SOLSTICE mate. All cooking will be done on the bbq on the stern railing or reheating through a microwave.

No stoves inside SOLSTICE mate. All cooking will be done on the bbq on the stern railing or reheating through a microwave.

SMILE
That takes care of that situation.

Matt,
What did you spend the most time on ...
Building the boat or presenting the story on TF? HaHa
Thanks to you we all know what a custom boat is.

Mate a lot of time does go into keeping this thread running but you guys help me with the support I need so it’s worth it :)

Hi all. I need your advice. I traveled through the boat pages and have narrowed a selection of graphic
designs I want on the hull of SOLSTICE and I’d like your input please. Which one do you guys like?

IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2672.JPG
IMG_2675.JPG
IMG_2680.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG
IMG_2684.JPG

Thanks in advance :)

Greetings,
Mr. H. Could you post a fairly recent, full on side picture of Solstice please? I have a thought but not sure if would be suitable...

200w.gif

Greetings,
Mr. H. Thanks. Just a few thoughts...Given the voluptuous curves of her hull, I don't think any of the angular graphics would enhance her looks. Now, a solstice occurs twice a year when the sun is farthest from the celestial equator...THAT may enter into the equation....Have you considered a nature themed graphic? Plants and/or animals? Astral constellations (Southern Cross perhaps?) Your zodiac sign (silver or gold stars on a black hull?).

Perhaps eyes similar to a Greek Trireme?

th

Nature theme...one on each side or just one wrapped around the bow...

th

I'll give it some more thought mate...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom